09 avenger 700 bad stuck bearing and crank jackshaft bearing

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 09 avenger 700 bad stuck bearing and crank jackshaft bearing

Haha. Yeh. Did that when taking the shafts out. Got 5 put back in. 5 more go
    This second Argo even all the work that was needed has taught me a valuable lesson on how to treat the new one.
    No quick turn arounds on tundra. Slow turns only
    Tracks will stay off unless theres snow.
    And yeh. Ganna have to buy a big grease gun. This little one runs through tubes with in 2 axles.

Well got all done. Few hickups. And was hoping the chains would last another year. Wrong! Those small one sure stretch more that the bigger ones. What the ratio on replacement
    2 to 1 verses small and big chains?
    1 hour on it and it ate right through a new UHMW slid.
    Second tire chain.
    The question is. What should I change
    Just the small chains.
    All chains and sprockets ?

Chains should be #60 o-ring and the other #50 double. Confirm this though. The single 60 chains on our Avenger stretched quickly. Had to be cheap chinese chain. One summer, stretched beyound use. I highly recommend Japanese Tsubaki Omega ((or stronger/expensive Lamda) or American Diamond chain. Or their equivilent.
    Change the sprockets if the teeth are shark finned. The sliders ought to last a long time. I don't know what caused it to wesr out in an hour.
    Side note... We saw you floating your Avenger in the upper lagoon. How'd she do?
    Last edited by Rusty-Gunn; 06-08-2015 at 02:32 PM.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Hey Don. Yeh. Tried it with the tracks on. And was the reason why it ruined the second slid. Must have been a bigger tire there. Had 5 in the front. 7 in the mid and 6 in the rear. Did notice it shifting side to side a tad on pavement.
    Ordered all 50s today. Anchorage argo didnt have any 60s on hand. Those can be tighten by taking a link out once they stretch a 1/8 more.
    Yeh the floating. Thats called testing it out for a few min . Had it opened up a bit and it just died. Ended up being the drop tube was too long and it finally shoved the screen in and plugged the tube
    Had to get my friend to get spare argo to come get me
    Took all the gas out with the new air pump made to suck oil out that Anchorage Argo sold me so I can change the oil.
    Cut the drop tube 1/2 " And no restriction . Oh all that after I took the carb off. Took the pump apart. That was all that was left .
    Took tracks off. They will be a pain out in the bush

Removing a link is a no-no. A stretched chain will ruin the sprockets pretty fast. The reason is the distance bettween the pins. Their farther apart due to the stretch. The chain's tendency will be to ride higher up the sprocket teeth.
    The pins need to "rest" at the bottom of each tooth as the sprocket revolves. A stretched chain rides too high and will wear out the sprockets.
    Keep going, you're almost done. The arctic circle is waiting for you.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

+ Reply to Thread