Idea for Custom Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Idea for Custom Tracks

Idea for Custom Tracks

I am looking at building some custom tracks for a Conquest. If anyone has any Ideas or comments please let me know.Argo Tracks.jpg

You may want to get this post into the tracks forum, you will get more replies. Here is my opinion, The great thing about AATVs is that they are very customisable to varing conditions and tracks are a huge part of that. Your track design could and should work for a specific job but as a general track I think they would be lacking in most general areas. The Main purpose of Tracks in general is reduced ground pressure with a larger ground contact patch. Your design without the tubing on would be good for climbing icy conditions, or over wet logs ect. but I do not think they would be much better than just putting tire chains on. One thing you can do is try to think of what job you are trying to accomplish with your tracks and then research/build for that most desired trait ie(flotation, traction, easy steering, ect). The best thing you can do is build those tracks and tell the rest of us exactly how they work in varying conditions. Hope this helps a bit, and happy riding in the conquest!!

shotgun, i made my own tracks for my max 2. after a few modifications, the final design worked very well. main thing is how much clearance do you have from the tub and where will the tracks be used mostly .. snow .. mud ..etc. there are pictures of guys different designs. look under the tire ,tracks section. basically you make the tire guides and cleats out of metal and connect them with rubber belting. keep us posted. john boy va.

I think John's post was ment for cscanlan, but I agree there is nothing wrong with homemade tracks, they can be made to suite exactly what you want them for.

your right, sorry. if i were to make another set of tracks i would follow the design of the chanel ones. use the channel metal. even if you can' t bend the metal that shape, pieces could be welded to that shape. yes it would be more work, but once one was made that fit make a jig. then connect them all with 3-4'' wide x 1/4'' thick belting. john boy

+ Reply to Thread