2000 Conquest 610-80 DISC, BRAKE -SPLINED - help please.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 Conquest 610-80 DISC, BRAKE -SPLINED - help please.

2000 Conquest 610-80 DISC, BRAKE -SPLINED - help please.

Hi folks - I have a 2000 conquest dead in the bush, the last of the teeth on the brake disk (left side) let go. I have a new replacement disk and will be going back up in a couple weeks to hopefully swap out.

My questions are - can anyone confirm for me what size hex/allen key I need to remove the brake assembly from the disk, and what size wrenches do I need to loosen the big bolt (112-57 HHCS 5/8-11x10.0 Gr5 Zc) that holds the transmission to the frame. Also - I suspect I will need to bring along a gear puller just in case.

Any info or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Todd.

Hex keys are metric. Can't remember if the sec clutch needs removed to get the rotor off. Check the sprocket on the jackshaft and be certain it is "floating" on there. I had one get tight on the shaft,a little outta line and caused the teeth to wear on the rotor,i got lucky and caught it before they were completely worn away.

Thanks Joe - I was able to get the secondary off - no problem. I assume the jackshaft is the lower shaft that has the other sprocket on it ? - I will check it - thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by tshea View Post
    Hi folks - I have a 2000 conquest dead in the bush, the last of the teeth on the brake disk (left side) let go. I have a new replacement disk and will be going back up in a couple weeks to hopefully swap out.

My questions are - can anyone confirm for me what size hex/allen key I need to remove the brake assembly from the disk, and what size wrenches do I need to loosen the big bolt (112-57 HHCS 5/8-11x10.0 Gr5 Zc) that holds the transmission to the frame. Also - I suspect I will need to bring along a gear puller just in case.

Any info or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Todd.
    Tools needed generally;
    15/16 wrenches, 15/16 deep socket or socket and extension
    5/16 Allen wrench, either a long socket or a cheater bar with wrench)
    9/16 wrench
    magnet for the washer you drop
    a tool to remove the master link clip (of your choice)
    chain puller
    pry bar or pipe to lift the trans high enough to slide disk over the gear if stuck
    maybe 5/32 Allen if the sprockets have set screws or snap ring pliers if so equipped
    PB Blaster
    rags

and couple things you think you don't need

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

are you anywhere near me here in the barrie area?maybe I can give you a tow.

Thanks anyway but - its broken down on the Gouin Reservoir - about 100 miles east of Val d' Or in quebec - course your more than welcome to come up and help out if you want

Just got back from fishing and argo repair trip - thanks for all the advice - everything worked like a charm - I brought 60lbs of tools - could have done it with 2 pounds of tools based on the advice here (argo jim) The pictures dont quite portray just how enthusiastic the black flies and mosquito's were to see me.

Todd.
    Attached Images

Mosquitoes, heck they're dang near Dragon flies with Bee Stingers up there. Least it seemed that way 20 years ago, our big ones don't bite us.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread