Admiral transmission

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Admiral transmission

You would think this would be common sense but you are probably right. I found out through this that my machine was a rental before i purchased it. This was my first trip out with the machine after buying it so i wasn't expecting this. The silver lining in all this is i am going to go through the rest of the machine while i am waiting on the parts for the transmission. It should build some confidence lol.

Unfortunately, common sense is non-existent in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
    Do you think Argo should have a safety switch to prevent people from shifting from hi range to low range without stopping?

You know I could shift my transmission from high to low while the machine was moving but as a precaution I would always stop the machine before I shifted from high to low or low to high.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    You know I could shift my transmission from high to low while the machine was moving but as a precaution I would always stop the machine before I shifted from high to low or low to high.
    You are so right Dan. I believe that little piece of precaution will serve you well for sure. But then my friend this aint your first rodeo. haha Please keep posting video.

Hey 1ba40, couple weeks late to this thread but thought I'd chip in. Your first post said that the chains were loading up when you took out the firewall. Suggests something downstream of the chains was binding in the axles. But a later post you said that the output shafts wouldn't turn with the chains removed so yah probably internal to tranny. The bent shift rod was likely a result of your splitting the case. You need to tap the steer shaft and e-brake shaft down while turning the bolts to separate the cover from the housing otherwise one of the gears on the idler shaft pulls up on that shifter. You need to take a close look at the planetaries. The larger assembly with the big ring gear has a stub shaft inside that the two tapered roller bearings ride on. If that is loose or has backed out, that is the cause of the lockup. Otherwise look for missing teeth that might have jammed the works up. At just over 100 hours are you still not in warranty? I'd be making a stink even if you aren't. Shame your first ride turned out this way.

Unfortunate he never did update. My transmission in slow forward knocking noise. :/ grey oil.

+ Reply to Thread