Admiral transmission

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Admiral transmission

Admiral transmission

Hi does anyone have any experience with the admiral trans locking up? I have a 2014 XTI with 130 hours i was in the bush on the weekend stopped to wait for a friend and when i tried to go again the machine would not move. took the firewall and floor out to have a look and when i would apply the throttle the chains would severely load up. The brake lever had no resistance. we took the brakes off and it still would not move. ended up removing drive chains and towing to civilization. My first argo so any help you could give me would be appreciated.

Parking brake stuck?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Did you run it out of oil can you see it in the sight glass

no lots of oil stripping it down secondary clutch is stuck on the shaft. plan is to pull the transmission

I hope its nothing too bad but I have seen many admiral tranny issues internal...Planetaries coming apart , bad outer splines .

i'm afraid of the same thing. just bought it first trip out Happy Days!!!! I will post my findings

I take it that with front and mid chains out the engine would not drive the transmission through to the output shafts?

thats correct

got the trans out split the case and found a bent shifting rod for the hi lo gear. the FNR rod is stuck as well. Going to change all the bearings and seals as I have it apart anyway.

Admiral transmission

Do you think Argo should have a safety switch to prevent people from shifting from hi range to low range without stopping?

+ Reply to Thread