Conquest project

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Conquest project

Thanks Mike, about chain price. Makes me happier!

Seeing what my new toy/workhorse can do today. Creek level was up a bit more than usual so struggled to go upstream. Having a few issues with old tyres so ordered four new argo tyres. Hopefully replacing them four at a time will be OK for the chains. Argo Australia said start from the front working back in pairs. Also have a 2hp Honda in the shed. They are air cooled so perfect on the back, can keep it running.
    Seeya.
    Attached Images

Had first problem today, smoke started to come out of the secondary clutch area and the pics show the results.I know I can get the parts to fix but I'm wondering if someone knows if something else is going on.

Edit: watched rock doctors clutch YouTube video and it seems the circlip broke on the clutch and the clutch was rubbing on the disc brake.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Hubcap; 07-17-2015 at 07:17 AM.

Tsubaki chain is fantastic, you have chosen well, I run that on our hire machines and I'm very happy with it!

Your project is coming along great!!

Rory

Thanks Rory. Yes I was surprised that I got her going so easy, I've done 15 hours already. That's when the clutch went, parts are on the way and its invaluable on the farm already. They are well thought out machines for ease of working on, and I've worked out that I take all the covers off and drive into the river to lube the chains up!

You have a great machine there, and it sounds like you're whipping it into shape. I'm sure you'll have loads of fun with it.
    I have my brakes setup so that the handles pull away from the dash about 3/4" to 1" before they start to engage ( I've never measured, that's just a guestimate). Need to leave a bit of room for heat expansion of the fluid.

RD

Thanks for the tip RD , I've watched all your vids and its helped me heaps. It look's like yours get a fair workout. I don't have the mud over here in Australia being a pretty dry country, but I live on a river and have cattle so it is invaluable for checking the fences.stay tuned for some vids when I get a go pro!

Hi Hubcap - I'm from AUS as well.

You got that argo for a steal!!! mine was in pieces and I paid $1800 for it. I had to drive from Sydney to Lismore to get it as well

make sure when you fix your clutch you replace the bushing, circlip, and the Shoes. looks like you now need a new spring as well.

The bushing is easy to replace, just make sure you remove the retaining pin with a punch before you start.

You can fit the new bush by hand if you put it in the freezer for a little while first... a bit of oil and you can just push it in by hand..

anyways - good luck!

Hey mate, yeah I've sorted it out. Watched RD's YouTube. Winded it up a bit so turns real nice. I'm building a spray tank for it swell but I'm in USA at moment so bit busy. Have you sorted your transmission out yet?

+ Reply to Thread