removing brake rotor

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: removing brake rotor

removing brake rotor

hi guys

I bought an 2001 6x6 big foot and I am trying to get the brake rotor off on the clutch side and I am not having much luck with it... it seems to be seize on there pretty bad just wondering if anyone had any idea on how and what to use to get it off im after putting heat on it a few times and still no luck...any help would be appreciated

thanks kevin

When I had to remove mine I have to destroy the clutch to get it off. I soaked it with PB blaster, brake fluid, and heat. It was frozen on. Used a puller with no luck. Finally with a sledge I was able to get it to move but it broke the clutch. When i put the new on on I used anti sease. good luck
    support your local search and rescue unit and get lost.

+ Reply to Thread