2003 Centaur

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2003 Centaur

Hey Viking,

Seals and bearings for the axles are good to have on hand but you can source those locally along with chains. The engine is not current production I believe so you may want to look into stockpiling parts for that. The unique items would be the chain tensioner items and the sprockets. Have a close look at the sprocket teeth when you can and see what kind of shape you're in. The transmission is a tank so shouldn't give you much issue. That said, the hystat steering unit would be a pricey replacement so hopefully it hasn't been abused too much before you got it. Always have a couple extra belts on hand. Check out the wear on the clutch sheaves too. Don't have a cheap source for state side parts unfortunately. Don't know what the dealer situation is like in Norway but there is a Norway distributor who might be worth checking with on those unique Argo parts.

ARGO Norge | ARGO UTV

Have fun!

Thanks for your input. Do you have an idea of what engine parts I should be looking for ?

I'd feel good with a set of rings, seals, and bearings. A spare turbo would be nice if you can swing it.

Thanks. Will check som prices.

I need to change out the middle 2 tires on both sides. Is there a problem with having the vehicle rest on just the front and rear tires ?

No problem doing that viking. Won't hurt anything.

hub.jpg

just found a problem. I took of the 4 center wheels. On the second wheel from the front on the left side I noticed some oil/grease on the inside of the rim. I guess this could come from an axel leak or bearing leak ? Do you guys think I can use it as is ? I think the starting point is checking the axel oil level. There doesnt seem to be much play when I twist the axel.
    Last edited by Viking; 07-02-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Yes, definitely check the oil level. But since you have the wheels off, change the oil too and put fresh stuff in all the axles. Clean it up and see how the level is on that 2nd axle after a ride. Could be a leak past the outer seal.

Thanks. Will start with this. As long as there is oil in the axel, would I make any damage by using it ?

If there is oil, it should be okay for a trip. It's just if it's old stuff you will accelerate bearing wear. Have fun, be safe!

+ Reply to Thread