conquest outboard motor reinforcement bracket

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: conquest outboard motor reinforcement bracket

conquest outboard motor reinforcement bracket

Does anyone knows how the 618-00 support goes on the wood bracket?
    Can't find any pictures of it, Looks like it goes inside the argo ?

It confuses me aswell.

Does that get bolted to your hitch? Then the lower end of the outboard shaft comes up against it? That's about all I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy_Magnum View Post
    Does that get bolted to your hitch? Then the lower end of the outboard shaft comes up against it? That's about all I can think of.
    I think you're right so it's not helpful to my situation, I have fabricated a wood bracket that bolts to the plastic body of my conquest, on low speeds with my 55lb thrust minnkota there's no problem, but when I shift 5th gear, the body flexes a little and I dont like that.
    I plan to build a re-inforcement bracket that bolts on the receiver of the hitch.

Last years I was using a bracket bolted under the ball of my hitch, I have hated it between lakes when the ball was hitting rocks and tree stumps !!!

motor mount ideas

I created a cover for my argo that has a trolling motor mount on it as my argo is too old to find these sort of parts for and I have no metal fabrication tools. I also wanted to keep my trailer hitch in tact as I use the argo to pull trailers from time to time. Also with this setup there is no drilling anything into the tub. I don't think you should ever drill holes into your boat lol.

The cover is bungee'd on and can be easily removed. Not sure how it would stand up to a larger\heavier motor, but just thought I would throw the idea your way if you decide to go electric instead. If a heavier gas motor flexes or bends the frame too much.

When the cover is strapped down, it is solid and won't come off no matter what you put it through. I have a 45lb thrust trolling motor on it (minn kota) Works well for my needs. Trolling motor is powered by its own marine battery which is stored underneath the cover.

Under the cover I have a few boards screwed to the cover that outline the inside of the tub so the board cannot shift side to side or front to back. Works awesome!
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread