Flotation differences

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flotation differences

Flotation differences

Hey guys. This is kinda a noob question but im quite curious. How come the Argo Bigfoot is only rated for 350lbs in the water but the newer Frontiers can take 500lbs?? Is it just due to tire size and weight? Or is the frontier just shaped better for flotation
    ?
    fbCoderson75
    Antigonish, NS
    1998 bigfoot 18hp vanguard

Perhaps there is 150 less lbs of of bulk else where in the machine. Single row chain as opposed to double,etc.

The Frontier has a longer wheel base and tub, and i think it is higher as well.

Those things would all make a difference. Ive had what would be considered wayyy to much weight in my bigfoot and it still handles "ok" in the water. I wouldn't recommend this practice as you lose a lot of your propulsion once the front tires sink to far into the water. Thanks for the input. I didn't realize they went to R60 in the frontier. Makes me wonder why the changed from double 50...
    fbCoderson75
    Antigonish, NS
    1998 bigfoot 18hp vanguard

Regarding chains.... I'd suggest the cost of the #60 might be cheaper. Same for the sprockets, double vs single sprockets.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

+ Reply to Thread