Need to replace the rear spark plug wire

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need to replace the rear spark plug wire

Help I Need to replace the rear spark plug wire

During a backwoods drive returning from a mens retreat, my argo starting losing power. I stopped to Check it out and found the rear spark plug was loose so I pulled on the plug wire so I could tighten the plug down..well the end of the plug came off in my hand and fell down into the black hole and I would like to know if the wire can be replaced easily?
    Anyone with a step by step instruction for a 1998 conquest.
    Thanks in advance for the info!
    Last edited by Rck90; 07-21-2015 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Added info

If you can find the cap (ass/u/me ing you lost the cap) it will screw right back in place.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Jim, My post maybe misleading, it was the cap/plug on the end of the spark plug wire that is gone. I need to remove and replace the whole wire or if possible just the end that plugs into the spark plug.

The cap is replaceable, if you can find it under the powerpack you could just screw it back on as the cap has a threaded stud that screws into the wire core. A small ,1/4", nip of the wire may be necessary.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Really? I'll make greater efforts on locating that little SOG! Thanks Jim..!

I found it. When I removed the "new champion spark plug it was toast, the plugs rubber had melted a little. I put it back on and it runs fine. Thanks again Jim it was so simple!

I just had this issue on my avenger. I now pack a spare plug end with me. If the need arises, I can pop a new one on in a second.

+ Reply to Thread