Oil Filter Mess

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oil Filter Mess

Oil Filter Mess

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 10:07 AM.

Suck out the old oil from the dipstick hole, throw rags under the oil filter unscrew and toss.. No matter how hard you try not to make a mess.. you make a mess.. enjoy

We do the same as Dan, if you want to get fancy throw a freezer bag around the filter with your hand inside it.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    We do the same as Dan, if you want to get fancy throw a freezer bag around the filter with your hand inside it.
    This is what we do, it works well once you get the hang of it.
    Its really a terrible design flaw, but its what we have to live with I suppose.

+1 on the large freezer bag around oil filter trick. These machines are just like boats in inboards, you need to adapt because they cannot be as easy to work on as land vehicles. I use a vacuum pump to drain crank case and bag to take off filter but always a little oil ends up down in the bilge.

+ Reply to Thread