Just bought a 2010 750HDi and a 2008 750 EFI Avenger

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just bought a 2010 750HDi and a 2008 750 EFI Avenger

Just bought a 2010 750HDi and a 2008 750 EFI Avenger

Hi everyone,

Looking for some guidance as i move forward in fixing up the 2 machines i just bought.

First up, the 750HDi has the newer transmission with the simple forward reverse shifting and the hi-low on the dash. the Hi-Lo seems to do absolutely nothings so i will need to check for a linkage that may be disconnected.

The HDi seems to clunk a bit when you steer in either direction either while moving or while sitting and will not spin in a circle on the spot like the Avenger does it will just do tight donuts. Is this normal?

The HDi is also noticeably slower than the EFI even thought the HDi has the bigger engine. is this normal due to the transmission? perhaps due to the hi-low not working?

Also, at some point these have each bent or broken an axle out in the field and were limped back rubbing the tire through the tub. Is there any way to patch this? I have thought about adding black teflon used on the bottom of jet boats to patch it and protect against further wear accepting the fact they will likely never float again.

Finally, (for now) it looks like the HDi rear wheels are higher than the rest, i assumed it was bent axles but they dont seem to wobble, they seem to just be slightly higher than the rest yet still more or less balanced.

thanks for any help you can provide. LOTS of work to do!

Hi bernardogrady, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on picking up two machines.

The raised rear axles are a design feature that helps it steer more easily on dry/flat ground.

For fixing the tubs, they are HDPE. You can fix it several ways. You can buy a plastic welder and a piece of HDPE to fit in the hole and then weld the hole up. You can also purchase a glue/epoxy that will bond two pieces of HDPE together. You can rivet the pieces together, etc. If you search the site for HDPE repairs you should find a lot of good information.

The speed difference in the machines is probably due to a different gear ratio transmission. They aren't all the same.

The HDI will clunk a bit when you steer but it shouldn't be a loud clunk.

For the Hi-Lo issue, I think you are on the right track by first looking at the shifter. Something could be broken but start with the easy stuff. It sounds like it is stuck in Hi gear. They will not counter-rotate in Hi, you need to be in Lo to do that.

Wow Mike! thank you for the quick reply, this is a huge help! eases my mind a bit on the various concerns i had. I will order up some HDPE and start figuring things out. I got a chance to look at the hi-lo shifter and it moves a cable and linkage but i couldnt fire it up and mess with it too much because the battery was dead (add to the list) im hoping that the linkage isnt fully engaging and that it isnt an internal problem. i have a spare tranny somewhere but it is an older one and not the admiral. I wish both machines were identical because driving the two is almost like comparing apples to oranges. Very excited to starting tearing into these. The engines seem to run well... not perfect, but well, a little pop and backfire here and there.

+ Reply to Thread