2005 argo avenger accelerator pump

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2005 argo avenger accelerator pump

2005 argo avenger accelerator pump

Hello guys, can some body please tell me what is the function of the accelerator pump on the carburetor? I have a small gas leak from it. Is it important to have in cold climate. If not, can I just cancel it? Also, do you recommend using an electric fuel pump. I do believe the existing mechanical pump is on its way out. I will be mainly using the Argo for ice fishing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The accelerator pump sprays a small amount of fuel down the throat of the carburetor when opening the throttle to help eliminate any stumble or lean operation when accelerating. I feel it does help the kohlers start in cold weather as you can stroke the throttle before cranking and it primes the engine. I wouldn't eliminate it but repair the leak. You can install an electric pump but purchase one that has low pressure. I believe less than 2.5 pounds of pressure.

Thank you for the reply. I will repair the leak for sure. I am assuming that even if I use the electric fuel I would still need the accelerator pump.

Correct one is part of the carburetor and the other supplies the fuel to it. You should have the type of fuel pump that mounts on a valve cover. That mechanical pump has proven to be very reliable. We converted from the round vacume operated type on all our equipment that ran in the winter as the pulse lines would frost shut in the extreme cold. I like the mechanical pump.

I have repaired the leak in the pump and ordered a new mechanical pump. Thanks guys.

+ Reply to Thread