Argo Responce info

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Argo Responce info

Argo Responce info

Hi guys I am looking at a 1999 Argo Response with 245 hrs in good condition the owner says it need seals before hitting the water. It has a 18 hp vanguard engine $4100 is this reasonable what are the pros and conns of this unit ? My brother has a 2014 Argo 6x6 with a 23 hp engine seems like the 8x8 may be under powered.
    Attached Images

If it leaks or told it needs new seals jack it up probably needs bearings. How do the chains look and the chain tensioners? Jacked up wiggle the tires if movement then bearings will need replacing.

I haven't went to look at it yet guy says his son said the seals on the front left leaked slightly but he had it in the water with no issues also said chains and sprockets were in great condition could possibly need adjustment but it all works great.

Can the responce handle 25" tires?
    Any issues known to plague this unit?

No-go on the 25" tires. Stock are 22x10x8 Runamuks. Betting the chains and bearings have not been changed with 245 hours on it. So keep in mind the bearings and chains might need replacement soon. Rear bearing extensions are an option on the responce.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan67 View Post
    No-go on the 25" tires. Stock are 22x10x8 Runamuks. Betting the chains and bearings have not been changed with 245 hours on it. So keep in mind the bearings and chains might need replacement soon. Rear bearing extensions are an option on the responce.
    (letting someone else answer this).

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks for the info guys what's the largest that will fit?

I ended up getting the response it runs good and everything seems to work one of the chains is popping if I make a hard left turn on hard ground and the tires are bald it leaks real bad around the second 2 tires the rest weep but nothing like the second ones the hose on the bilge pump is cracked so it needs replacing paid $4100 for it still a lot less than the new ones im going to try putting 24" tires on it off my brothers see if they fit if so that's what I will put on it. The front chains do not have tensioners is that right?

That is correct, the front chains do not have tensioners.

If the chains are "popping" when you are making turns then check how tight the chains are on the transmission. They may be a little loose and this could cause some big problems. There should be about 1/8 inch play in these chains. I found out the hard way one time and stripped all the teeth.
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread