Rops dimensions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rops dimensions

Rops dimensions

Just thinking about a rops to my conquest, it will be shop fabricated not bought, my only concern is how tall are they??How many inches is from the tub lip or mounting area to the top of your rops??I want it tall enough that I don't crack my pumpkin every time I climb in and out .Thanks in advance

I find it a bit strange that you have not gotten any input to your question , so I hope you do not mind me giving my opinion .... I am faced with much the same issue but on a 2006 Argo Frontier 6x6, when I bought mine from it's first owner he had made a ROP out of what I think he said was 1.5" exhaust tube . It is well built , ( check out my photo gallery) , it was used to transport building supplies to his hunting cabin in Maine . I plan to add a plastic roof and use it in winter along with enclosing it to give a bit of protections as I plow snow ... back to your problem .. Like any home made ROP , what are you trying to address? ROP in case you dump the machine over or a base to enclose later ...as for height I got a rough I measurement of height seating in the machine and added a few inches for a helmet and a clearance factor moving in and out of the machine ...
    Hope this helps and good riding ... be safe

If I remember I'll measure ours tomorrow as it has been out of state. Are you making a ROPS or a winter enclosure like many off the hunters on here as they may be different.
    I can say the Factory ROPS is tall enough to cover the convertible top and the windshield, yet low enough to ring your bell if you haven't learned the "won't do that again" way.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Ya thinking about a bit of an enclosure, so I can throw supplies up there when I go hunting and a bit of a rain guard. I realize that the rops has downfalls as well top heavy poor stability in the water and sore coconut when I bang my head.So I'm still on the rops fence I guess.

A far as height 45 inches from the flat near your knee, 34-1/4 from the dash radius, about 70 overall height on 22's.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread