Installed the heater but no heat

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Installed the heater but no heat

Installed the heater but no heat

I installed the heater in my conquest but I am getting no heat. The temp gauge doesn't even go up much over 100 degrees. The upper heater hose is warm but by no means hot. The lower heater hose is cold and that's even with out running the fan on the heater. That's after letting it idle for ten minutes in 70 degree weather. Any suggestions?

Sounds like thermostat isn't working properly. could be leaking by a bit. To test cold start and run at high idle while checking upper radiator hose for temp. if it heats up with the engine the thermostat isn't closed off enough to raise the engine temp. The engine should get considerably warmer than upper hose before the thermostat opens A small opening or thermostat that is loose in the housing can bleed by and keep the engine temp down. You wont get good heat unless you can supply 160 degree or higher coolant to the heater core. Also may try working the vehicle to see what you get for engine temp. Some vehicles just don't produce much heat unless being driven. Time to get it fixed, we are on our second snow storm of the year today and its still September.

No snow here yet in North Dakota but I would like to have it set up before it gets cold. I will check the thermostat. But I took the hose off of the lower side of the heater that goes into the T on the bottom radiator hose expecting antifreeze to flow out that hose. Well nothing came out but I could blow water back through the heater core into the engine which made water come out of the top of the radiator.

You have air in lines and its a pain to get out. Is the radiator higher than engine and heater location. On Kawasaki mules when we install heaters we have to lift-raise front so radiator is higher and overfill with coolant. loosen bleeder on top hose to get air our. And it takes a while! You should have coolant flow to heater also. Loosen or even remove return hose from heater until you have coolant to it.

+ Reply to Thread