2005 Argo Avenger winch wiring info

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2005 Argo Avenger winch wiring info

2005 Argo Avenger winch wiring info

Hi All,

Looking for a favor- can someone post a photo or sketch of the engine bay wiring hook up for the winch?

I took my Avenger in to have a broken axle replaced and the mechanic found that some of the wiring had been mouse chewed (we have a real problem with them building nests and chewing) so he rewired the main cables from the battery.

I tested the unit before leaving dealership but did not think to test winch function and sure enough, back at home 2 hours away from the shop, I realized there was no power to the winch.

There is a loose heavy cable with a ring terminal in the engine bay and I am going to guess it powers the winch.

I think the mechanic forgot to hook up that wire when he made the new runs to the battery, all I need to know is what terminal it bolts on to?

Thanks in advance.

PS- I found this manual online at Argo Adventures, and since my loose cable is black, it looks like the it goes on the engine block per photo # 28.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6d...lSalNGMFk/view
    Last edited by montague; 09-29-2015 at 03:00 PM. Reason: added some info found

+ Reply to Thread