2016 argo outfitter

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2016 argo outfitter

2016 argo outfitter

the new 2016 argo outfitter looks pretty awesome . probably need to sell my house to buy one !! j. boy

i agree. argo is putting money in the wrong places with all that yuppie stuff. need to fix there axle and bearing problems first. thats what we get when there feedback is from the duck boys....

I was talking to a dealer on Saturday and he said there is a new one coming out that'll do 45 km/h (28 mph)! Not sure what they are doing to keep you from getting your insides rearranged at that speed!
    Saw a couple of other "features" I shook my head at.. USB port - why? Vertically mounted gun rack.. That ought to be able to fill the barrels to the top with mud, plus takes up space in the box.. New seats feel a lot more comfortable, so long as they last to the mud and wear and tear of putting cargo in the tub... The change from the chain drive off the transmission looks like a good idea.. Any feedback on how that is holding up?

They need to sort out a few things first before they offer a machine like than, no point in sitting comfortable when your axle has snapped. I know the xti is set up the same as a centaur but the other models are still the same type

In my eyes, and thus is my opinion from over in Scotland:
    1: the hdi outer bearing assembly is crap, the earlier style with twin lip seals was far superior, no matter how good the seals are on the hdi bearing water/mud etc still penetrates, especially if someone over greases them. The axles also seem to wear faster between the inner race and the axle. I have very little issues with bearings on the earlier avengers, I have a hire machine which has done 700 hours after a rebuild and does not need one bearing replaced, it is used in some of the harshest conditions across here.
    2: the axles are not fit for purpose, a £20k machine shouldn't have as many axle issues, they made a slight improvement with the solid steel flange but I still se a lot of failures between sprockets and on the outside of the outer bearing. Granted sow of the machines run miss matched tyres causing chain wind up and do carry substantial loads.
    Last edited by Rory_mcw; 10-13-2015 at 04:54 PM.

thank you rory_mcw i agree with everything you said. i want a new machine from argo but not till they fix their crappy bearings and axle shafts in the mean time i built my own check out my other posts. some of my tires have been over two inches larger in circumfrence. with tracks on i use track tunners so i put the larger tire s in the middle.

I'm with you trapper jack, I have looked into producing my own outer bearing housings to eliminate some of the issues with the hdi ones.
    I run track turners on my hdi, I have sheared one axle which was 30 hours old, on the front. I like the track turners, I run them with the heat tyres, they seem to do fine.

hey rory_mcw . check out my other posts on my new axles and outer bearing support and pressed on ford nine inch rear axle bearings. all i have left to do is reheat treat and install. i will post pics when done.

I broke down and bought one from Adair Argo. Mike and Tim good people! The outfitter is XTI based so axle shaft/bearing problems don't really apply. As far as the yuppie stuff I like. 1. USB port, both my sat phone booster and gps along with reg cell phone all USB. 2. Gun rack, position of muzzle is safest up or down. good since and situational awareness always apply I.E. In a helicopter up is BAD down is better, in a life raft .....I'm sure you get the point. 3. Rear seats, I most often travel with company I feel the rear seats offer more suport than standard, and take up less cargo area than rear bench seat. 4. Seat color, I like the look but I am verry skeptical how it will hold up to blood and mud (sorry if the blood thing offends but my two daughters, wife, and I all avid hunters). I will keep you all posted on how it does. it is hunting season so it's going to see a lot of action in a short amount of time.

Congratulations on your Outfitter. Be sure to post some pictures to the gallery so we can see your new rig.

+ Reply to Thread