Older Vanguard seat back pictures please?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Older Vanguard seat back pictures please?

Older Vanguard seat back pictures please?

Hi folks, I bought an older Vanguard and ripped it all apart for the purpose of replacing the starter and checking everything else out. The good news is that I got a lot of good info here about what to use to fix cracks on the top edge of the "bottom half" of the plastic "frame." It was of course West Systems, and I used 655 G flex and some silica. So this puppy is just about to finish going back together and putting the top half on. The bad news is that i forgot how the seat back goes back together. I have a new piece of plywood and I can see where to drill 3 holes to use threaded inserts. I can see that I go BEHIND the plastic frame and send in three screws that will contact the new plywood. That's great, but what holds the seat back "up" besides the plastic just behind the seat back? Certainly there is some support bracket that I am overlooking. I am at a loss. ANY pics you could send would be great. Finally, I love this site, because it is filled with tons of useful information that I am grateful for. Thanks, Rockyman

If you have a low back version there is no bracket and only the bolts hold it in place with washers (fender washers are best but perhaps not stock), if you wish to make a plate to span the 3 bolts that's not a bad idea. These were more a back pad than a seat back in those days.
    Just as a reminder, after drilling the holes in the wood be sure to check that the Tnuts are going the right direction before tapping into the wood, have done it backward a few times over the years and sucks to have to re-recover the seats.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

You have answered my question, Argojim!!!! I can't thank you enopuigh. I was losing a .little sleep over this because the plastic on the tub where you get in and out was cracked, so I could see how delicate the plastic was and became concerned. Thanks again!!

+ Reply to Thread