NOW WHAT???

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NOW WHAT???

NOW WHAT???

getting argo going good all was well going off the farm with it need insurance agent says ok on land not in water differnt insurance and need a ownership now what this is in ontario canada what do you do :

Quote Originally Posted by old farmer View Post
    getting argo going good all was well going off the farm with it need insurance agent says ok on land not in water differnt insurance and need a ownership now what this is in ontario canada what do you do :
    Hi old farmer. All of the insurance companies that I have talked to in Ontario refuse to cover our machines when they are in the water. An ownership is required to get insurance that you will need with a license plate to drive anywhere except your own property and the police will ask for them. Where in Ontario are you riding?

agent did say ownership was needed so i guess that is the next problem talking to the lic. office asked what i need was told too much to tell over the phone come and get the package in person doesnt sound good going to phone argo in new hamburge only about 40 mi. from me as i am west of london

I went through this a couple years ago - I am in ontario as well - email Tara Kropf at ODG - tkropf@odg.com. Give her your serial number and she will send you the Manufacturers Statement of Ownership (MSO). Get a bill of sale (receipt) from the guy you purchased it from, then finally do up an affidavit.
    On the affidavit tell them when you bought it, where you bought it, from who'm, etc Basically everything that you can. Take it all down to the MTO - try to go to one of the private ones (in small towns) as opposed to an official MTO office. The private MTO offices are much easier to deal with. Give them all your money and they will give you a licence plate.
    I got my insurance at co-operators - I think for $10k coverage its about $400/year. I didn't mention anything about going on water with it. You need the ownership and insurance the second you go off your own private property. I might still have a copy of my affidavit if you need it.

Good Luck
    Todd

Check with State Farm insurance, they classified my argo as a dune buggy and pay 180 for the whole year. I also did not mention that it is amphibious. They should know that as they classify the vehicle and insure it. I'm in Ontario also.

Cheers,

LT

+ Reply to Thread