Install automatic lubrication chains and maybe bearings

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Install automatic lubrication chains and maybe bearings

Install automatic lubrication chains and maybe bearings

Hi

Rebuilding my 1996 Argo Conquest made me think, all these manual every 10 or 50 hour lubrication points is not a good think. The work is a hassle but I was more thinking in terms of durability, better lubrication could mean longer life to chains and bearings.

I see SKF System 24 have systems both for chains and bearings. There are probably other systems also.

Have anyone tried it, any hint where to get components cheap.

Maybe I will just make automatic chain lubrication with plastic tubes and some simple way to restrict flow to a suitable drip of oil.

I understand the newer Argo/Centaur have automatic lubrication, does it help ?

Regards
    Knut

They are very expensive. Most can be set for a given time to oil, but can't be shut off once started. They're really good for factories and industries that run 24/

If you were to run lines from each bearing to a central point you could grease all bearings at once, side by side. We used 3/16 copper lines with good luck on some machines for easy access to grease hard to get at bearings. If you were to run small plastic lines to the top of chains you could put a dropper at the top, and add oil before a ride to lubricate chains.

What sort of chain lube do you use?

I like using gear lube,thick and messy and sticks to everything.

Bar oil, sticks so it doesn't fling off! I have worked with escalator chain oil in the past, it's perfect if you can get your hands on it. It's clingy, and stringy about 80w90 thicknes

I'm in the process of designing manifolds to bring all the greasing to one location. If you look at track excavators you'll get the idea. I want to run flexible line thru the hull with compression fittings to seal the line and hull for a dry passage way. Then bring them all to a convenient location. Still thinking on the chain oilers but plan to do that as well. Keep us posted on your progress and good luck.

+ Reply to Thread