Will these fit?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will these fit?

Will these fit?

First of all, new here. Sorry if already asked. I have an 05 conquest 8x8 with the 18" supertracks. First question, some are starting to wear out. Would a rubber set or adair style last longer? I know i can buy segments, just curious if another style will last a lot longer. I really need to find some used segments for sale as well as used 22x10x8 mucks. Also, will either of these tires work with the supertracks?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0012T...0KNHXW9YW160ZK

I also already bought two of these before knowing if they would work, anyone tried these?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000WJ...3KL&ref=plSrch

Thank u

Welcome to the site!

Runamucks are again available. I don't think I would want a tire that reports it changes its diameter (the snow tire you linked). I too have wondered about the other style (the one you bought) tire in tracks.

Thanks, never thought of that. Although the supertracks seem to have a little extra room on my old mucks

Also have a problem on one side. Slipped a track twice in two months, brok a few links this time. Only 35 segments, but calls for 36. 35 seems way to loose for me so no way i will use 36. Can high or low tire pressure make them jump off?

34-1/2 is what we used to run.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thank you

Just an update, they work well. Run great with supertracks. Switching to adair shackles very soon.

So what tire did you go with i was looking at those snow tires too and the price was very attractive

I almost bought those too, but stumbled on a good deal on new argo tires. Still curious if they'd work. Had a bit of correspondence with tire manufacturers, but didn't pursue it after finding my new tires. I guess the big thing with them is that they're kinda thin. Would likely be easily sliced open by something sharp that you drive over. As for the changing diameter, I don't think an Argo would spin them fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by eers2ya View Post
    Also have a problem on one side. Slipped a track twice in two months, brok a few links this time. Only 35 segments, but calls for 36. 35 seems way to loose for me so no way i will use 36. Can high or low tire pressure make them jump off?
    I wouldnt worry about what it calls for, however many or few to make the track snug.Yes low tire presure will help the track slip off, and along with to much slop in the track will just add to that.Higher tire presure will keep them on better,but on the flip side, a track to tight will start to wear on the bearings.There is a "half track section" that you can get to make it easier to get the right amount of tension if taking out a full section makes them too tight.

+ Reply to Thread