I want (to make) a bigfoot

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I want (to make) a bigfoot

I bought a bigfoot

This post just went from I wanted to build one to I found one and bought it.

Been looking at argos for weeks and I keep coming back to wanting a bigfoot, I love the bigger tires.

I can't find any decent machines around here. I have a line in a good 07? vanguard but it doesn't look like I can change the 22 inch wheels for the 25. I heard the vanguard 2 is almost the same as a bigfoot.

If one were to make a bigfoot what would be the best machine to start from?
    Last edited by Norbert77; 11-21-2015 at 10:54 PM.

When you say "make a bigfoot" are you just meaning bolting on new tires/wheels? Or do you mean serious customizing of the machine?
    If you are having problems finding machines locally you are not alone. Try having one shipped in. 2007 Frontier 6x6

Found a 2000 bigfoot with tracks and a soft top for reasonable price. 3 hour drive. Only 292 hours, one owner machine. Clean. He said he only used it for ice fishing. Brand new 25 inch runamoc!

At 292 hours you would want to know if he has changed out any chains or bearings yet as they may need attention if original. The bearings and chain are not a big deal to replace, but may give you some haggling room. I would also want to know what ratio of tranny is in it. Any pictures of this rig?

Thorn how would one know what the tranny ratio was?

im picking u my bigfoot a week from today! im more excited then the wife... funny how that works. lol

Norbert, what is a reasonable price?

I don't know what is reasonable. I looked around for 3 weeks, price was lower than most with a brand new set of tires thrown in.

Are there tricks to driving these like avoid high speed turns, or turn slow only? Max speed with tracks? Took it for a little spin through the neighbour's farm and it seems very hard to steer. Probably need tire pressures checked too.

So argo bigfoot. The 25 inch goodyear tires measure small. Can it rake true 25 inch tires?
    Last edited by Norbert77; 11-22-2015 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert77 View Post
    Found a 2000 bigfoot with tracks and a soft top for reasonable price. 3 hour drive. Only 292 hours, one owner machine. Clean. He said he only used it for ice fishing. Brand new 25 inch runamoc!
    Is it blue? I know of one about 3 hrs from you (Barrie area) thats for sale with top, tracks and under 300hrs. If it's the same machine, what he was asking is a good deal. If you get for any less you did very well. The one I'm thinking of is $4k but spotless.

My bigfoot, the tires all measure slightly different and you want to measure the circumference to set them all the same regardless of air pressure as it will affect driving in a straight line with minimal steering input. Record the air pressure per tire and the tires location on the machine so all stays the same. What type of steering does it have the older laterals, two sticks, or handle bar steering? Mine has laterals which I wanted and they take some getting used to. Don't try to turn right from a dead stop move forward or reverse a litttle before starting your turn. You will get good at steeriing but need practice. Also for your turns you'll see the faster you go the less steering input required and it's easier on the brakes, temp and wear, also reduces your drop in speed. Due to the style of transmission braking of one side is required and you will eventually feel the steal of power from these steering inputs. Not sure how the handlebars are for all these factors.

The top of the tranny will have some stamped numbers and then GU (low), MU (medium), or HU (High). If you are planning to run tracks I would stay away from the HU or High ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by mn_archer View Post
    Thorn how would one know what the tranny ratio was?

im picking u my bigfoot a week from today! im more excited then the wife... funny how that works. lol

Norbert, what is a reasonable price?

It's green. 2 sticks.

Thanks for the info about tire pressure!

+ Reply to Thread