First AATV Purchase - 2016 Argo Scout

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First AATV Purchase - 2016 Argo Scout

It is easy to move the winch from front to rear. Just 2 pins and a plug. The rear kit is wired to the same controller so you just pin it and plug in and you are GTG.

I have a receiver riser setup that should be ready tomorrow that will raise the rear winch. I will post some pics when I get it installed and see how it fits with the rack braces.

This is the front mount.

Rear Riser Mount

Last edited by Gman757; 12-25-2015 at 12:55 PM.

Almost done rigging and ready for some hunting. Gun rack and shooting rest installed.

Found this bag on Ebay for $95 and it was a perfect fit.

Last edited by Gman757; 12-25-2015 at 03:26 AM.

Very good looking machine, and that Hog Hunting looks to be a blast. Going to have to try that some time :-)

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    Very good looking machine, and that Hog Hunting looks to be a blast. Going to have to try that some time :-)

RD
    Thanks RD. You are right.....night hog hunting with thermal is a ton of fun. We have quite a problem with them here and it is a never ending battle to try to keep them in check. I hope to cover a lot more territory with the Argo and get into those hard to reach areas.
    Last edited by Gman757; 12-25-2015 at 01:01 PM.

If anyone is looking for a battery charger I found this waterproof 4 amp unit that is rated as a charger and maintainer for all types of batteries including AGM. It is relatively small and came with long cords so it would be easy to find a mounting solution. (It did not come with the flush mount plug)

Last edited by Gman757; 12-25-2015 at 01:03 PM.

Gman-that is a very nice machine and should get you anywhere you want to go in swamp conditions, those Argo tires work very well in the swamp! An Argo 6x6 with 24" tires rarely gets stuck in swamp conditions but they do get hug up. Watch some of the Busco Beach video and watch how other members rock their machines in bad conditions.

As for running in swamp conditions at night the most important piece of equipment you need is a sand anchor with a rope attached-Tie one end of the rope to your winch and let the winch out several feet and keep the anchor on the floor next to you-if you get stuck throw the Anchor in any clear direction and pull it back until it hangs up in the mud or brush, then simply use the winch to pull you through.

If you would like another member to trail you on a ride I have an Argo 8x8 with Adair tracks-send me a private message and we will see if we can work something out.
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 12-27-2015 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    Gman-that is a very nice machine and should get you anywhere you want to go in swamp conditions, those Argo tires work very well in the swamp! An Argo 6x6 with 24" tires rarely gets stuck in swamp conditions but they do get hug up. Watch some of the Busco Beach video and watch how other members rock their machines in bad conditions.

As for running in swamp conditions at night the most important piece of equipment you need is a sand anchor with a rope attached-Tie one end of the rope to your winch and let the winch out several feet and keep the anchor on the floor next to you-if you get stuck throw the Anchor in any clear direction and pull it back until it hangs up in the mud or brush, then simply use the winch to pull you through.

If you would like another member to trail you on a ride I have an Argo 8x8 with Adair tracks-send me a private message and we will see if we can work something out.
    That sounds like a good idea. A friend had mentioned using an anchor before and I wasn't sure if it would work. Thanks for letting me know it does and your technique with the winch hookup and the anchor out ready to go. I had just as soon not have to get out and wade around with the moccasins and gators. I have a very light magnesium anchor for my boat and that should work great.

I just installed a wiring harness today for rear lights so I can light up things if I need to pull backwards.

This light install was my last project on the Scout for awhile. Most of my hunting is at night so I wanted good lighting for rear winching if needed and backing in the woods. These flush mount diffused lens LED lights from Rigid worked out great. A little pricey but I found them on sale online.

SR-M Flush Mount Back Up Light Kit Flush White... | Rigid Industries

I would be interested to know if you find a way to quiet it down a bit I too would like to add on a muffler to make it quieter when going into my hunting territory if you find or try something please post it up. Be careful with the rear winch extension and if you are stuck try to pull at an upward angle I think with the winch mounted higher it could bend the rear hitch/frame if you are really stuck and are pulling straight back. I have a XTI with a rear winch but is braced considerably and attached to the rear of the machine which is steel on the XTI. Have you considered an auto chain lubricator they are pricey but it is the BIGGEST pain in the ass lubing the chains I put one on mine and could not be happier especially and as an extra bonus the chains seem to be lasting longer probably from the constant lubrication. Keep us posted I am sure you will be in a few messes before you find out the tricks of the machine and its capabilities.

That is a nice set up you have there. I just discovered that Argo also came out with an 8x8 Scout with a 26.5 HP air cooled Kohler. That might be my next Argo after I wear out my Conquest.

+ Reply to Thread