must have trail fix tools, parts?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: must have trail fix tools, parts?

must have trail fix tools, parts?

I seem to find both metric and.imperial hardware on mine so I'm going to get a basic set of both. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up new chains, enough that I will have a spare for each. As in the shortest double roller with little bits extra chain with master link so I can use it in either the idler, front or middle by removing a section.

Some tools can be eliminated by my Leatherman wave, that thing was super handy I've been carrying it for years. But since cellphone reception stops half an hour out of my area and people drive maybe once a day I'd like to be prepared, but have to be light

What do you carry?

The best things to have:
    1) A buddy
    2) His machine
    3) A tow strap
    Given these you can go nearly anywhere and back safely.

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    The best things to have:
    1) A buddy
    2) His machine
    3) A tow strap
    Given these you can go nearly anywhere and back safely.
    I wish I did have one. But I don't think it's in the cards. I might be able to convince a buddy to buy one, but most places other great white north I fly solo. I actually sold a band new king quad on tracks to get something that swims as I was worried about breaking through the ice.

Just remember that when you go to remote and dangerous places, unforeseen things can happen. Several of us have flipped in the water.....and no one planned on doing it

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trail...july-11th.html

Yikes, that was a heck of a drop off! And the guy helping get the water out of your headlight housing at 1:20. There....that helped lol

I'm also an adventurous sort and have a habit of breaking down in very remote and inaccessible areas, being self sufficient is very important to me lol. As for trail spares, these are my Argo ride basics....

a spare drive belt
    25" tire tube
    ratchet straps
    an oar
    a universal drive chain
    bicycle tire pump

my trail tool kit:

set of spark plugs
    tire plugs and plug tools
    duct tape
    zip ties
    mechanics wire
    load binding straps
    electrical tape
    spool of 12ga electrical wire
    large and small Vise grips, needle nose & linesman pliers.
    Small flat head that fits the mixture screw and works on master link keepers
    #2 Phillips
    2 x Large flat head/prying screw drivers
    Hammer
    wrenches and sockets that match the machine

It may be a bit excessive for some but it all fits neatly in a locking lid Tupperware container and takes up very little room for the piece of mind it offers.
    Better off to have and not need, walking sucks. lol

Along with basic hand tools I carry the following:

Front / rear axle
    Inner and outer bearing
    Greasable and plain flange
    Wheel nuts
    Axle thrust bolts
    Brake pads - both types
    Spare wheel/tyre
    Drive belt
    Track guides Inc bolts and joining pin / extension
    Spark plugs
    Fuel filter and spare hp pump
    Steering rods
    Throttle cable
    Engine oil
    Coolant
    Ratchet straps
    12v compressor
    Wheel spacer
    Chain

That keeps me going - I run an hdi, if running non hdi I'd also take a brake lever and cable.

+ Reply to Thread