hd bearing conversion?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: hd bearing conversion?

I have about 300 hours on The fronts and rears on my 99 conquest. I have not replaced one bearing so far. The only issue I have had was the pressed in grease fittings pulling out. I used a right angle grease gun adaptor to be able to grease with the tracks on. This may have caused the fittings to pull out. I have since removed, drilled and taped the housings to 1/8 npt and installed 90 degree grease nipples.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermag View Post
    I have about 300 hours on The fronts and rears on my 99 conquest. I have not replaced one bearing so far. The only issue I have had was the pressed in grease fittings pulling out. I used a right angle grease gun adaptor to be able to grease with the tracks on. This may have caused the fittings to pull out. I have since removed, drilled and taped the housings to 1/8 npt and installed 90 degree grease nipples.
    I had an early version of new bearing housing that had a looser fit and the zert was pressed in, which was loosening with time. Argo made revisions to tighten the bearing and thread the zert. Argo warrantied the parts. I discovered this issue after greasing the bearings and noticing the bearings were loose. The kits only had 2-30 hours on them. A lot of work to remove and replace all of them, but it was with replacement parts. Shipped the old/bad parts back to Adair who then shipped or scrapped out as warranty claim through Argo.

Ok, silly question I know but are there any type of bearing or housing upgrades available for my old 83ish Argo 8 wheeler I believe they are the KB model (Dual 50 chains & Kohler 17hp) with pinned axles (I drilled them & put in bolts)?

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    Ok, silly question I know but are there any type of bearing or housing upgrades available for my old 83ish Argo 8 wheeler I believe they are the KB model (Dual 50 chains & Kohler 17hp) with pinned axles (I drilled them & put in bolts)?
    vance,i had the same machine that you have.i put all new splined axles in it.the front 2 axles I had to get custom made in a machine shop so it should be possible to do what you want to do although a little pricey.

+ Reply to Thread