hd bearing conversion?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: hd bearing conversion?

hd bearing conversion?

any thoughts on the hd bearing conversion for a 1992 magnum?Argo HD Bearing Adapter Kit | Adair Argo Sales - We Ship Worldwide!
    says here you do ot need to make any modifications to the body. is that true??also can someone help me through the conversion on how to do it?thanks

Call Adair and ask them. The Conquests swap out w/o modification. I did my fronts last year.

ok!

I'd also like to know more about this as its bearing time on my magnum also. please update

so is there any modifications for the magnum to get the hd bearing kit??

Good morning boys, the skinny on the scoop here is the HDI bearing kit is a good upgrade, in my opinion, as I upgraded my 03 conquest on all axles about a year ago and no problems.
    The upgrade is the same on the magnum, you just need to get the adair spacer kit to avoid any body mods. The bearing kit is 3 pieces, HDI bearing, retainer and a cup to seat the bearing. The spacer kit gives an index for the cup to center in, so no body mods are needed. the kit comes with gaskets and longer bolts.
    One quandary you will come on is which way to mount the bearing, with the set screw inboard or out board. I believe with the set screw inboard it will match the indexing on the axle, I may be wrong. Get advice from the gents at Adair when you order, they are top notch in customer service. All the parts will fit in a usps flat rate box which helps save on shipping expenses.
    Good luck and Merry Christmas... RR

What is the advantage to installing the new bearing kits? I have a 03 conquest with 120 hours on it that is getting water in the tub. The bearings seem tight I assume its the cork or the seals. Just need to decide if its worth switching as long as I have to take it apart it anyway.

if you ask me, i think it is worth it to switch over to hd bearings!

I converted one of my Conquests long ago, before there was such a thing as a "Kit". I just bought the components and tried to "wing" it, lol.
    Here are a couple vids I made while converting over. I understand that it's easier now with Adapter Plates and Longer Bolts from Adair.

Front/Rear
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q7mcAvxtMo

Yes, I am still running those modified Carriage Bolts, 6yrs latter, lol.

Mid Axles, without adapter plates
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUvPAy5HF9E

RD

Quote Originally Posted by ndcommander View Post
    What is the advantage to installing the new bearing kits? I have a 03 conquest with 120 hours on it that is getting water in the tub. The bearings seem tight I assume its the cork or the seals. Just need to decide if its worth switching as long as I have to take it apart it anyway.
    I decided to upgrade my conquest because I planned to purchase tracks and the stock bearing retainers and seals did not keep water out of the bearings. Whether from the shaft being grooved or the seals wearing out was just a constant battle. I like the upgrade because of the larger bearings and easier maintenance. No regrets here,my next step will be to upgrade the shafts, corners first then the middle. Shop around and get quotes for the best price, good luck. // RR

+ Reply to Thread