How to hotwire an 1994 Conquest?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to hotwire an 1994 Conquest?

How to hotwire an 1994 Conquest?

Hello!
    Its my first time here som be nice....
    My name is Mattias and I live in northern Sweden,I have just got an 1994 Conquest who have been filled with water on and of for some years.. Stranding outside without cover and the drainplugs in. It has been filled with water up above the brakes.
    At the moment I am restoring the gearbox,put new bearings in and new seals aso.
    I would like to try to start it,I have a new battery aso..
    The ignition lock is stuck so i want to remove it and only use an on/off switch and a start button (thieves is no problem here)

How do I connect the wires from the ignition lock to the switch and startbutton?

Best regards from Mattias in Åre,Sweden

what engine does it have? you will want to several oil changes to the engine only running a few minutes in between as it will probably have water in the crank case. once the oil stops looking milky you should be good to go
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Hello!
    It has the Kawasaki engine.
    Its strange but when I removed the oilplug,there was no water in the oil but there was water in the cylinders!
    Doesnt get how that is possible but i check the oil carefully and it was no water in it.
    I will ofcourse do as you say and do multiple oilchanges when i get it running,the problem is as I said that I have to hotwire to get it running.
    Do anyone here know how?

Regards. Mattias in Sweden

Hi Mattias,

You need to go and grab a copy of the engine service manual <click>.

Section 7 (electrical) page 5 is the schematic. It has a table showing the key switch connections requirements of the engine.

Then go out and grab the Argo electrical service manual <click>.

Page ES-37 is the schematic I think you need. It has the key switch diagram that the designers put in.

So, looking at that, here is how I would do it:

I would get a SPST switch (let's call it master) that closes a circuit from the battery (red wire at key switch) to the ignition circuit (yellow wire at key switch) and the common lug of a SPDT switch.
    That SPDT switch will close a circuit from the master switch to the accessory circuit (white wire at key switch) at one pole and a momentary switch at the other.
    The momentary switch closes a circuit from the SPDT switch to the starter circuit (green wire at key switch).

Two toggles and a push button would look good.

Thats the info I need!,Thanks man!
    I will buy some switches now and see if i can get it started!
    I dont have high hopes that it will start (yet) since the ignition coils and starter engine has been under water but we will see!
    I will also print out the most important stuff from your links
    Thanks for the help!
    Mattias

[IMG][/IMG]Update:
    The wireing was working good,the problem now is that the starter is just a pile of rust and completly stuck..
    I took it apart but it was beyond saving..
    I have ordered a new (aftermarket) from England,I should get it within a week from now and then I will try again to start it!

To be continued!!
    Last edited by MattiasT; 02-20-2016 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Edited and tried to add a picture when I found the Argo,guess it worked!

+ Reply to Thread