Marker light wiring?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Marker light wiring?

It's low current it's fine. But I'd still get the liquid electrical tape and insulate it thoroghly

If you're worried, there is a ground block on the firewall by the gauges. Run your ground there. Then run the other side to the light switch so it's on when switch is on.

I'm not really worried about ground I'm worried about how I am going to connect into the main headlight wire. What is the best and easyiest way of doing this? T tap?

Works well enough

Ok t-tap it is. Is there any size that I should go with that would fit the Argo wiring or?

Blue

What i have always done and was taught in trades school was to go a bit back the wire pull away only the insulation then use a test light probe to make a hole in the wires then oush the wire to be connected threw the hole then wrap it around the wire your splicing into then soder it you now have not ruined the integrity of the original wire and you have a nice flat joint to tape as well also i have found the overall long term success of those scotch clips are not that great in the end corrosion will set inScreenshot_2016-01-30-22-42-29.jpg
    Last edited by Shane1979; 01-31-2016 at 01:43 AM.

Ok so what if I just done what you have done in the picture but just wrap the ends up and tape I with tape or that Liquod tape. Would that work?

Just purchase a cheap soldering iron and some solder. You can get them at your local autoparts store. Go to youtube and google how to solder. It's really simple and will give you a joint that will last and not cause any issues.

Ok thanks mike. I will have a look around the house, swear I seen one kicking around here somewhere

+ Reply to Thread