Marker light wiring?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marker light wiring?

Marker light wiring?

Has anyone ever thought of or put those small Amber side marker lights on an Argo? Just thought of it and thought it would be cool to have some on the side! How would I wire those lights specifically? Thanks send pics if anyone has ever done it so I can get some ideas!!

I put 2 red ones on the back. I simply spliced into the headlight wire and ran 2 wires back. Brown was ground I believe.

So you just joined the headlight wire with the rear light wire and ran it to the back and grounded it. Send a pic if you can I would like to see what it looks like !

The lights I am going to buy are red marker lights and the wire in them are 200 MM long? That won't reach from the back of the Argo to the front so what do I do ?

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbyrne View Post
    The lights I am going to buy are red marker lights and the wire in them are 200 MM long? That won't reach from the back of the Argo to the front so what do I do ?
    Solder the same gauge wire on the end to extend the wire as far as you need it.

I simply cut the insulator off and soldered a wire to the headlight wire. Have some liquid electrical tape, dabbed that on to insulate it

No engine pics it's too dark, and the wiring is hidden in the wire loom to make it look factory

Ok thanks! There is a red and a white wire which one is ground? And what colour is the headlight wire and how to I connect it to that wire? Thanks guys for the help I'm not really got at electrical so all the details I can get would help a lot thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbyrne View Post
    Ok thanks! There is a red and a white wire which one is ground? And what colour is the headlight wire and how to I connect it to that wire? Thanks guys for the help I'm not really got at electrical so all the details I can get would help a lot thanks!
    Browns are usually ground on argos, just pick the front left headlight, and follow the wire to where it is easier to work with

You can daisy chain all the marker lights you want. I think 2 a side and 2 in the back is no problem for the wiring. Better yet, put in a switch, run 2 new wires from the battery and you can switch it on separately. That way you can have it on for a few hours if you want the argo easier to find at night without draining battery too much. I ran a new wire to a power outlet, run my bilge pump off it, and was going to run interior lights off it

Ok so just cut into my headlight wire and run it to the back of the Argo so I can have a few on the sides as well

would you recommend usig t-tap wire connectors to connect headight wire to rear light wire?

+ Reply to Thread