Magnum flywheel

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Magnum flywheel

If these wires were toughing the hood support frame they could cause, a blown fuse, melted wire, a melted connector and some other things if contact was excessive.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Yes exactly Argo Jim,but yea I could just cut the wires back to where there is no rust and Soder them together! So all this wore corrosion would cause a connector to melt?

ground out

would a exposed wire cuase a connection to get hot and melt? the priginal post of this is gone i dont know where so any other posts about the melting connection put them here thanks!

fly wheel trouble

i was in this cold and beutiful morning to pull the fly wheel off and clean up stator and whatever. i took off that bulged out debris screen that you would rap the rope around(in that area). so got that off and found the bolt in the canter that holds the fly wheel. got the rachet and started pushing and as i done that the fly wheel moved with it. how am i supposed to get the nut off and suggestions?

Remove a spark plug and feed about 3 feet of soft cotton rope into the cylinder with the piston down. Roll engine until it stops and remove the nut. Roll engine back a bit and remove the rope.

ok but are there any other easyier ways to do this without doing that?

If thats too much trouble, your really not going to like pulling and reinstalling that flywheel.

Jason
    2015 Argo frontier EFI Camo. 4000lb vortex winch with synthetic rope. 3.3 trans.

~1998 Max IV (SN 14428) on 26" TRU Power tires, winch with synthetic rope, rear seat moved back 5 inches, flip top rear seat with storage underneath, 55 lb thrust trolling motor, #24 marine Battery and a bilge pump just in case.-sold

So what msafi said, explain it in more detail how to do it( how would I know when piston is down)

Quote Originally Posted by msafi65 View Post
    Remove a spark plug and feed about 3 feet of soft cotton rope into the cylinder with the piston down. Roll engine until it stops and remove the nut. Roll engine back a bit and remove the rope.
    I love it when I learn something new in the morning!

I would like to make sure its on the compression stroke before pushin the rope in, one can bend a pushrod or valve otherwise

Just sayin

+ Reply to Thread