sprokets

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: sprokets

sprokets

what is the purpose of the bigger sproket just in front of the driver seat on an argo magnum? i am putting chain on and cant get the links in even with vice grips

The front and second axles run the 24 tooth sprockets for gearing purposes, the 3rd and 4th axles run the 19's basically because the are cheaper and run 1 to 1 ratio. The other reason is for clearance of the early style chain take up kits.
    If the entire machine had 24 teeth sprockets it would function the same with higher costing sprockets and drive chains requiring more links.

Now if you have the proper amount of links in your chain, one could assume that one of the links on the 2nd axle is bunched and may wish to rethread the chain onto the sprocket and try again. Being sure the 1st and 2nd axles are in the air and machine is in neutral when attempting to hook the chain together.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Ok,will try that but I have the chain he same length as the rear ones so it should work right,like you said may have it bunched or not completely on the sprocket! So do I need to buy the 24 tooth one again when it wears out or can I buy a 19 tooth?

Make sure that your chain tentioners are racheted all the way down.....all the way,if not you will not get the chain on.Also double check the # of links if you cut it yourself.

Odd, I responded to this thread a few days ago and my post is missing.

I counted 48 links in the chain

19 tooth sprocket to 19 tooth sprocket, if you are trying to connect a 24 tooth sprocket to a 19 tooth sprocket with a 96P chain it will never happen. so axle 2 to axle 3 is 19t to 19t, axle 3 to axle 4 is 19t t0 19t.
    Most of those machines were 24 tooth on axles 1 and 2 to 11 tooth on jackshaft.

The 24 tooth sprockets connect to the idler shaft. If you have to you can move the 1st axle sprocket and the 4th axle sprocket if you have misaligned the ones on axle 2 during reassembly.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.

So,what are you getting at Jim,kinda confused

If you are trying to connect the big sprocket on the axle to the little sprocket on the axle it will not happen.

That's the way it was so what do I do?

+ Reply to Thread