More Argo magnum questions...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More Argo magnum questions...

More Argo magnum questions...

Greetings all,
    first: where do i find a model number or serial number etc. Id like to be able to i.d my argo if need be, (stollen etc.) also exact model number and yr. for ordering parts etc. Second: my grandfather did not give me an ownership title, he didnt have it, is this an issue in Ontario Canada ?
    Third : insurance, do i need to have it in Ontario to trail ride etc. ? My grandfather never had any... If so, how do i get it ? Will i need an ownership to get it ?
    Lastly, tansmission fluid ... What do i use ?
    Thanks guys
    Last edited by Kris W; 04-20-2016 at 06:10 AM.
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

The serial number should be on the right hand side (driver side).should be a little aluminium plate with numbers on it.mine in NKB 10505,i use 80 W90 gear oil in my tranny,yiur Argo is most likely a 93 or 92 no difference really.jist private massage fox valley Argo sales and ask them they will tell you.

image.jpg

Thanks Curtis, The metal plate that you are talking about must be missing on mine, I assume you mean under the "hours meter" so I don't know what else to do. Actually Curtis, your comment about my Drive sticks on my other thread made me question its age. I asked the old man, and he never changed the drive sticks so that's why I'm kind of thinking it might be a little bit newer then a 92 or 93... Without that plate does anybody know if there is there another place I can look on the machine? Also, sorry guys new question, this is a pic of my muffler shroud/box, it looks to me like it should be bolted onto this bracket right beside it but it isn't. Am my right? Does this matter? Is this common?
    Last edited by Kris W; 04-20-2016 at 10:41 AM.
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"

Hi Kris, many many Argos were sold in Canada without proper registration, it was an option in the early days and many people chose to save the few extra bucks. No worries though, it is a very easy process to get it properly registered and an ownership for it. You will need to physically take your Argo into an Argo authorized dealer and have it verified for $50 (they need to verify the serial number themselves), you will get a letter of origin from Argo identifying your year, make and model. You take this to the DMV and pay $10 or $15 for a new registration. ATC Coral in Stoufvillle is the closest Argo dealer to you, they are awesome people to deal with. I have been a customer of theirs for 25+ years.

EDIT: I think the serial number they used for verification was on the tramsmission if I remember correctly.

Thanks Steve ! I was actualy hoping you would chime in, i didnt want to bug you with a ton of P.M questions... what about insurance ? Is it required to run AATV's here ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris W View Post
    Thanks Steve ! I was actualy hoping you would chime in, i didnt want to bug you with a ton of P.M questions... what about insurance ? Is it required to run AATV's here ?
    LOL, Don't worry about sending many messages, it's no bother at all. Liability insurace will be required whenever you are riding on public land, you do not need it if you plan on staying on private property. Not all insurance carriers will cover AATVs though, I'm with TD Insurance and they will not cover anything that floats.

So i take it you guys in Ontario don't need to have a licence plate either

Those 3 hex boots is all it needs for the exaust box

Quote Originally Posted by Aahicnow View Post
    So i take it you guys in Ontario don't need to have a licence plate either
    No , at least not that i know of. Ive never seen one.

My license plate is on the driver side by the gas fill up

+ Reply to Thread