ARGO CONQUEST...8x8 with plastic tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ARGO CONQUEST...8x8 with plastic tracks

ARGO CONQUEST...8x8 with plastic tracks

2000 Argo Conquest
    220 hrs
    Plastic tracks

Thinking about buying this thing. Seems to run ok. Tires have worn tread.
    Chains a little loose

What's it worth?

I think it's really clean for its age. It's been garaged and the tracks have not been run on the vehicle.

I was going to buy new tires and install hd bearings and chains.

By the sounds of it you have a very excellent machine that is worth a lot,buy it you won't ever regret a conquest
    P.s magnum owner here, lol get the thing sounds like a great rig

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbyrne View Post
    By the sounds of it you have a very excellent machine that is worth a lot,buy it you won't ever regret a conquest
    P.s magnum owner here, lol get the thing sounds like a great rig
    Well I figure it is an ok machine. But just trying to get an idea on how much to offer the guy. I could run it like it is with some initial service and adjustments...but in the near future it would need tires, chains, bearings

Quote Originally Posted by Hog Rush View Post
    Well I figure it is an ok machine. But just trying to get an idea on how much to offer the guy. I could run it like it is with some initial service and adjustments...but in the near future it would need tires, chains, bearings
    The Conquest was a great machine. Lots of them are still running strong. You sound like you are prepared to replace bearings etc. Be aware that argo no longer stock kawasaki engine parts and some of our club members say its a bit frustrating to order them from a John Deere dealer who will only be able to look the part up if he knows which tractor or Kawi. Mule the are for.

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
    The Conquest was a great machine. Lots of them are still running strong. You sound like you are prepared to replace bearings etc. Be aware that argo no longer stock kawasaki engine parts and some of our club members say its a bit frustrating to order them from a John Deere dealer who will only be able to look the part up if he knows which tractor or Kawi. Mule the are for.
    If I get it...I will replace everything that's needed to make it reliable and better than factory. Maybe add a top and trolling motor

Quote Originally Posted by Hog Rush View Post
    2000 Argo Conquest
    220 hrs
    Plastic tracks

Thinking about buying this thing. Seems to run ok. Tires have worn tread.
    Chains a little loose

What's it worth?

I think it's really clean for its age. It's been garaged and the tracks have not been run on the vehicle.

I was going to buy new tires and install hd bearings and chains.
    The 2000 conquest came with 62mm bearings and the hdi are 72mm bearings. For you to convert you would need to order 8 ($87 ea.) of the kits from adair argo. check ebay for chain. 2x 10ft boxes of 50-2 chain and 2x 10ft boxes of 60-1 chain.

That is if there is a bunch of stuff wring with it,if not we'll you really have a deal! But send some pics if you can and we can help you

Quote Originally Posted by Dan67 View Post
    The 2000 conquest came with 62mm bearings and the hdi are 72mm bearings. For you to convert you would need to order 8 ($87 ea.) of the kits from adair argo. check ebay for chain. 2x 10ft boxes of 50-2 chain and 2x 10ft boxes of 60-1 chain.
    Thanks

The ARGO is in great condition but has 3 loose wheel bearings and chains are dry. Tires are worn. Has super winch up front.

I don't think it's hurt, but I'll replace all bearings and chains to upgraded parts and axles if I need to.

Also...it has the medium range tranny or MU coded one.

I just think this was taken out and garaged when not used and drive train was not serviced like it needed to be.

Is it worth $4500 with tracks?

Maybe like i said send some detailed pics of the engine Braking system so on

Just remember to take into account the cost of parts before you pull the trigger. I've put up the cost of my 97 conquest in parts now, doubling the total cost of it, and it's only been a couple months. The cheapest ebay chain you can get is about $450CAD shipped if I remember correctly and it's been said to only last about 50 hours. The Tsubaki chain is about double that cost but lasts 200 hours. Those hour numbers were given to me by a retired fella who had an argo for sale nearby and just loved talking about them. If your sprockets are warn and need replacing, that's somewhere around $1200 CAD including the brake rotors and idler shafts which need to be replaced as they have permanent sprockets. New tires was $1800CAD with rims, had to buy new rims because the old ones all leaked air out of the corroded and pitted beads. The topper you want is about $1400CAD. I decided not to bother with axle and bearing upgrades. I just bought a couple spare axles in case I break one. I figure it's simpler to just get the bearings and seals from my local bearing shop and just change them out as needed. I found I do not like running mine with the 18" plastic supertracks, it doesn't have enough power to do it without feeling like I'm killing it, and the drive-train doesn't feel rugged enough to handle the forces required to turn the machine on dirt with those things.

My local dealership has been able to get every kawasaki part I've asked them for. Things like fuel pump, carb gaskets, pushrods, governor springs, throttle cable, etc. On second thought the fuel pump might be an argo part not kawi.

Anyway not trying to discourage you here, just don't jump into it thinking "yeah it needs a little work but that stuff will probably just be a few hundred bucks"! We have a lot of fun on mine even though I've been put through the ringer spending every weekend in my garage with it lol.

+ Reply to Thread