Replacing the chain

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replacing the chain

Replacing the chain

Sounds like there are a lot of you buying rolls of chain,counting,and breaking links,having leftover chain,and spending lots of time doing so.
    A much easier way to go,and not much more money, if any, is to get it from an argo dealer,all pre cut, pre measured,pre packaged for each section,and includes the master link,plates, and locking clip.
    Replacing chain is a real pain to begin with,make it easier on yourself, and check to see if you can get it precut for your unit,FYI

Most of us want to save some $$$ It doesn't take much time to lay old chain out and put beside new, line up rollers, or count links, mark and break chain. And we save some $$. Your right about replacing it! But cutting-breaking bulk chain is easy for most of us!

True but if I had the money I would buy Argo pre cut chain every Time!

last time I priced chain here in Ontario,it was cheaper from the argo dealer.i can only find it in 10 foot lengths and my HDI,s single 60 chains are longer then 5 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    last time I priced chain here in Ontario,it was cheaper from the argo dealer.i can only find it in 10 foot lengths and my HDI,s single 60 chains are longer then 5 feet.
    Hi Plott, Have you tried 60H chain from Princess auto . You are right,of course, about the 10 ft. lengths but the price is right and I was having good results until very recently. The H means thicker side plates and slightly longer master links.

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
    Hi Plott, Have you tried 60H chain from Princess auto . You are right,of course, about the 10 ft. lengths but the price is right and I was having good results until very recently. The H means thicker side plates and slightly longer master links.

The TSC store carries it as well if you don't have a Princess Auto near you.

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
    yes I did bud,bought a box then returned it.just did not like the looks or quality of it.

replacing the chain

yes I did bud,bought a box then returned it.just did not like the looks or quality of it.
    i trust your opinion Plott and when I find myself walking home I'll let you know

I have in the past used the chain from princess with reasonable results for the price,although it was not with the use of them Damn rubber tracks the added strain of them put it into severe duty and only the best chain will give you a decent result,so ya just got to figure on how much time you spend on tracks myself it works out to 5 to 6 months of the year so i stick with Argo replacement chain,but all the precautions in the world will not get you away from chain windup tension and premature wear and tear on the chain and sprockets with the use of the Argo track system.

+ Reply to Thread