Bigfoot seat back frame

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bigfoot seat back frame

Bigfoot seat back frame

This is my first post.Just purchased a 2001 Bigfoot.Notiticed that the seat back frame at the third screw seams angle back or slightly bent.Not sure if this was made this way or the original owner tweaked it.I see no damage on the seat or frame.Maybe somebody can check there older year Bigfoot.

I have the same year and model. What screws are you talking about? The ones that hold the back rest cushion onto the frame or the ones that adjust the seat back foward and backward? If the later I thought it had only two adjustment positions? If you could elaborate or get a pic can probably help you.

Quote Originally Posted by trevorakm1 View Post
    I have the same year and model. What screws are you talking about? The ones that hold the back rest cushion onto the frame or the ones that adjust the seat back foward and backward? If the later I thought it had only two adjustment positions? If you could elaborate or get a pic can probably help you.
    The screws that hold the back rest cushion onto the frame.

I would imagine, now getting what your saying, the wood is rotten in the seat back.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

just take the back rest off the frame and unstaple the cover and remove. The pad will come off and you will see the hardware the screws thread into. Trace the plywood onto a new piece of plywood cut out and drill 4 new holes for the screw hardware. Go get new hardware at Lowes but this time place the part that receives the srcew on the other side of the seat backer. this will allow the screw to draw the backer to the frame with out the hardware being able to pull out as they are only pressed into the plywood backer. Lay foam pad back on and slip pleather cover back on and staple back on. I don't know why argo attaches the mounting hardware the way they do but it doesn't hold well over time. Hard to explain in text but once you remove the cover and see how it's constructed it becomes clear and easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by trevorakm1 View Post
    just take the back rest off the frame and unstaple the cover and remove. The pad will come off and you will see the hardware the screws thread into. Trace the plywood onto a new piece of plywood cut out and drill 4 new holes for the screw hardware. Go get new hardware at Lowes but this time place the part that receives the srcew on the other side of the seat backer. this will allow the screw to draw the backer to the frame with out the hardware being able to pull out as they are only pressed into the plywood backer. Lay foam pad back on and slip pleather cover back on and staple back on. I don't know why argo attaches the mounting hardware the way they do but it doesn't hold well over time. Hard to explain in text but once you remove the cover and see how it's constructed it becomes clear and easy to do.
    Thanks for the info on the plywood.I will take another look,but it sure looks like metal frame were the seat back cushion is bent and the seat back contours with it.Maybe it was made that way for the drivers seat position.I need to get a picture and try to upload it.

well with out a pic hard to say but should be straight across from side to side.

+ Reply to Thread