Magnum pain in the @$&

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Magnum pain in the @$&

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Zuk that's a Command, Magnums are opposed.
    Oh man, I feel like a fool lol. I had to go look at an old pic to be sure I wasn't losing my marbles. Yes you are 100% correct, my motor is a Command not a Magnum lol, I've been calling it a Magnum all along (even in that thread I linked I refered to it as a Magnum).

so my best bet is to go with a gm alternator? how would i rig it up? im worried about no frest air duct as well

do i need to worry about volatge regualtors then if i have a internal ground alterantor?

Hey Curtis, ive been doing a bit of research on this, what you want is a "one wire alternator" it hooks up just how it sounds, 1 wire going from the back of the alt. to the possitive connector on the battery, and a belt from the "drive pulley" on the side of the engine that spins constantly. Make & rig up brackets of some kind & thats it ! As soon as i sell some stuff off, I am going to try this, i found "mini GM 1 wire altenator" on ebay, amazon etc for around $90. + shipping. Its small and will more than do the job.
    Im going to cut spaces out of the shroud , just enough to make room for the alt & belt. I dont think it will effect the cooling because it will still draw air..
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/131207846796
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

thanks kris,just back from the argo and i just put all ne wire in that comes out of the stator and goes to the regulator! if that dont fix the problem i dont know what to do.actually i will just buy an alternator and use that becuase this kohler magnum in my argo is getting on my last nerve when it comes to charging the battery.keep me posted on how and when you cut the holes in the shroud or fresh air duct! thanks for the link!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kris W View Post
    Hey Curtis, ive been doing a bit of research on this, what you want is a "one wire alternator" it hooks up just how it sounds, 1 wire going from the back of the alt. to the possitive connector on the battery, and a belt from the "drive pulley" on the side of the engine that spins constantly. Make & rig up brackets of some kind & thats it ! As soon as i sell some stuff off, I am going to try this, i found "mini GM 1 wire altenator" on ebay, amazon etc for around $90. + shipping. Its small and will more than do the job.
    Im going to cut spaces out of the shroud , just enough to make room for the alt & belt. I dont think it will effect the cooling because it will still draw air..
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/131207846796
    Hey Kris, I paid $80 cash (Canadian cash) for my 37 AMP alternator from an alternator shop in Ajax (10 minutes from you). I'm sure there are a few shop in Oshawa that have what your looking for on the shelf for a much better price than what your looking at $90 alt +$55 Shipping + duty as that link says they ship UPS. It will be 1/2 price to buy it locally.

can you get it at any wajax store?

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbyrne View Post
    can you get it at any wajax store?

Sorry Curtis, Ajax is a town where I bought the alternator, it's between where Kris and I live.

Wow thanks Steve ! I will definitely check local suppliers for sure !
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

oh lol oops, i will still look locally as well!

+ Reply to Thread