Change from 22" tires to 24" on 1994 conquest?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change from 22" tires to 24" on 1994 conquest?

Change from 22" tires to 24" on 1994 conquest?

Hello again!
    I've seen that Rockdocktor put 24" tires on an conquest.
    Do I have to modify anything to do that on my argo or is it only to buy new tires?
    I have some crappy (useless in water) tires and want to change to something better (and get a little more groundclearance)

Regards Mattias

Should fit but may have to index them and dedicate thier position per axle. I think there is alot of variation in diameter with thosenew argo tires. I don't have them but I hear they swim great. I'm sure others will chime in with better info.

There is very little room, if any for 24" tires on a conquest, from what I have seen,I would try and contact rockdoctor to see what he did to make them fit.

I put 24" tires on my 97 conquest and they fit fine. Cannot fit tracks on anymore though, keep that in mind. The 24" AT189 tires are great in the water but they do not go in reverse at all, I've heard of people reversing one set of tires to get some movement in reverse but I haven't had a chance to play with that. Also the machine doesn't like to turn as easily anymore, but nothing probably turns as easy as the 20 year old bald runamuks that I replaced.
    Last edited by Coast2Coast; 05-21-2016 at 12:47 PM.

I did it with my old '96 conquest.bought a good set of used tires from a member here.i had to trim the treads on a couple of tires,boy they were tight.they even touched sometimes when I hit a good bump but it was worth it.

+ Reply to Thread