2016 Argo outfitter

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2016 Argo outfitter

2016 Argo outfitter

Got the opportunity today and tomorrow to put a new Outfitter thru its paces,the local snowmobile club wants a opinion on this rig and it landed in my hands (perfect) boy this unit is stout going to get some chair time tomorrow had a little time with it after it arrived but the club hierarchy wanted to scan it and check out the drive train so little time to test it real world,thats tomorrow gotta say Iam over the moon,we have owned a great number of units over a period that has spanned two generations and have owned countless Argo products we will see what this one is about but wouldn't mind puttin one in the garage from what I see so far.NCT

Awaiting your input, let us know how the top functions and whether the installed step is a hindrance when installed.
    Jim

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Awaiting your input, let us know how the top functions and whether the installed step is a hindrance when installed.
    Jim
    Will do Jim,tomorrow is the big test out,if I wasn't so lame with a computer I would post up pics as I went along but it is just beyond my comprehension,but the good news is for some reason I find it easy to post pics in my gallery so ya gotta look there,and no I dont want another lesson on how to post pics just cant get it,gotta say pulled floorboards up and impressive engineering under them complete with chain lube system very HD we will see how it handles the Canadian shield tomorrow.NCT

Quite the piece of hardware this Outfitter,put a couple hours in the chair in Northern Ontario bush and found it more than capable of handling all the terrain I would normally be putting my Avenger thru,big difference in chassis rigidity very noticeable,more room up front as well as the passenger area and the flat steel floor pans are fantastic no more stepping in and your muddy foot slipping to the lower part of the plastic pan turning a ankle or worse bottoming out a sensitive area of the body.The controls are Argo standard with the one very nice exception the ability to move the driver controls T Bar from the side to the center on a slide very nice,also a adjustable passenger handle,ergonomics of the cockpit well thought out,one big gripe not only for the Outfitter but any new model Argo I have been in is the location of the parking/emergency brake handle when set its a huge pain to clamber out over without tearing yourself one,so I tend never to set this safety item to the on position kinda defeats the purpose surely there is a better location or setting lever dash mount anywhere but where it is.The Outfitter as stated is hugely capable and for our purposes heavy loads/heavy pulls/around the farm use daily operation it brings alot to the table much stronger than what we currently have the sacrifices its larger and you need a little extra trail space,and my opinion only ,another 10 to 20 hp would be nice.The windshield/ top finally fit my 6.2 famine resistant frame and my neck doesn't hurt peaking under the top of the windshield frame tons of headroom only drawback watch the low branches,very comfortable chairs the back seats are fabulous next is a lake crossing test as this machine is heavier by a great margin in comparison to my Avenger it will be with extreme caution the max 775 lbs load water capacity and my current personal GVW we will be testing this gingerly in slow moving shallows first,my thoughts if we are to own one we cross alot of water would be dual wheels once more stay tuned.NCT
    Last edited by North Country Tough; 06-04-2016 at 12:16 PM.

Water test no issues what so ever as a matter of fact it is better than my Avenger by a long shot,the machine actually sits very close to level in the water and on the first crossing we were payloaded at 500ish pounds and I felt the machine was very stable albeit slower on wheels alone and making course corrections with the wheels brought water up over the rear tub a splash guard would solve that all in all its a very nice machine to operate and has a much stronger structure any down side other than price is minimal,that said the Avenger would have went anywhere that that machine would go so it not a miracle machine just a well built heavy use hauler for the bush.NCT

+ Reply to Thread