Silent Rider Exhaust Mod.....2016 Scout

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Silent Rider Exhaust Mod.....2016 Scout

I have a 2014 XTI and have owned Argos for many years the noise is my biggest pet peve. I have contemplated installing a second muffler either aftermarket or something similar but never did. If the noise could be reduced even at low speeds it would be a significant improvement, I am very interested in your findings please keep us informed, Moving the muffler further towards the rear may give you gains also but dealing with a hot pipe along the side is trouble also

Did you try your Scout with the silent rider I am really interested if it made an improvement on the sound. If you have had a chance to try it can you let us know how it went I would like to put something similar on mine and want to know if it tis worth the effort Thanks

I'm anxious to find out too, maybe we can get an answer before deer season.

When I ride an atv or a motorcycle, I just use ear plugs. You can pick up a box at H.F. or Northern Hydraulic for $12/ 100 sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    When I ride an atv or a motorcycle, I just use ear plugs. You can pick up a box at H.F. or Northern Hydraulic for $12/ 100 sets.
    That's cheap, now I just need someone to head out a week before opening day and "plug" as many deer on my plot as possible

You must have a completely different style of hunting in Pickering. Where I live in Texas, and hunted in Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, New Mexico, Colorado, as well as several countries in Europe when I was posted there during my Army days, we didn't use our vehicles to hunt out of, that style of hunting isn't very sporting. I've driven my machine to my a containment area near my hunting area, parked, and walked in the remaining distance. Everybody has their style of hunting and if you prefer the alternative, more power to you.

Many atvs are on the loud side so I agree in theory that they could stand some stealth-like technology.

Many atvs are on the loud side so I agree in theory that they could stand some stealth-like technology.
    This is my stealth machine. 48 volt electric programmable 500 amp controller with independent front suspension and limited slip rear end.

Quote Originally Posted by wrench9 View Post
    Did you try your Scout with the silent rider I am really interested if it made an improvement on the sound. If you have had a chance to try it can you let us know how it went I would like to put something similar on mine and want to know if it tis worth the effort Thanks
    Yes. It's worth the effort as the noise level is reduced significantly.

You must have a completely different style of hunting in Pickering. Where I live in Texas, and hunted in Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, New Mexico, Colorado, as well as several countries in Europe when I was posted there during my Army days, we didn't use our vehicles to hunt out of, that style of hunting isn't very sporting. I've driven my machine to my a containment area near my hunting area, parked, and walked in the remaining distance. Everybody has their style of hunting and if you prefer the alternative, more power to you.

Wow, awesome passive aggressive reply to a post that was obviously meant to be humorous.

To set the record straight, it is illegal to hunt from any motorized vehicle in Ontario (all of Canada really) unless your disabled and have a special permit , the only exception is water fowling from a boat and even then you cannot load your gun if the motor is still in the water. It's even illegal to shoot supported from the hood your truck, you must be completely out of and off of your vehicle. So no, we do not drive around up here blasting animals from our drivers windows but we do need to get into and out of our hunting spots and common sense suggests it would be better to do so quietly to improve the chance of success. We also do not hunt from pens or containment areas or whatever, that style isn't very sporting. We either hunt private land or Crown land where other hunters will be present and I choose to be respectful (quiet) and not interfere with their chances of success but maybe that's just the Canadian in me. Everybody has their style of respect for others and if you prefer the alternative, more power to you.
    Last edited by Canadian_Zuk; 04-21-2017 at 08:40 AM.

A containment area is where we park to avoid disturbing the prey and other hunters. The folks I hunt with and myself are very concerned about one another's privacy, but we are always available if each needs help loading up a deer or hog. In terms of a passive aggressive response, I have no ill intentions towards you, we Texans take our hunting very seriously, as apparently you do as well. We have this aatv in common as well as me having a Suzuki Samurai, of which I reached out to you on awhile back, as well as the hunting thing.

If you felt your feathers were ruffled, that wasn't the goal.

+ Reply to Thread