avenger 2004 white smoke

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: avenger 2004 white smoke

avenger 2004 white smoke

Hi, my avenger 2004 makes white smoke after warming up a bit. Lots of smoke. what cause that and how to fix. If head gasket do I have to remove the engine.
    Thank you
    Jack

White smoke is coolant burning in the combustion chamber as you already guess it is most likely a head gasket. The motor does not need to be removed to repair it. Pull your spark plugs out and take a look at them, the spark plug that is exceptionally clean (steam cleaned) will be the cylinder with the bad head gasket.

Good luck

If you remove the spark plugs and just turn the key over you will see coolant coming from the plug with the bad head gasket.
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

If I have to change one is it a good idea to change the gasket on both cylinder
    Jack

I would do both. Usually have a miss cold when getting coolant in cylinder. I fire up an engine and run for about 20 seconds then shut down. Then feel the exhaust near the head Carefully! The cold one is dead.

Best to do a leak down test on the cyclinders

+ Reply to Thread