Buying new argo, transmission ponderings.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Buying new argo, transmission ponderings.

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
    Thanks for making that crystal clear Dan. You said in another post about pulling out stuck four wheelers that low range on the admiral tranny would be useful more often if you could turn off the reverse counter rotation. I agree on that and like your comments about an optional larger engine.
    Regarding the more powerful engine issue, Polaris has a 570cc engine that puts out 35-38hp (depending on what rating source is quoted). Its liquid cooled, compact, and pretty much bullet proof. I'd like to see a similar engine offered by Argo as well as Mudd Ox.

buying a new argo

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    Regarding the more powerful engine issue, Polaris has a 570cc engine that puts out 35-38hp (depending on what rating source is quoted). Its liquid cooled, compact, and pretty much bullet proof. I'd like to see a similar engine offered by Argo as well as Mudd Ox.

I requested the spec sheet and gearing info on the new LX tranny,been a couple days now, hope I can get some info.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Valley Argo Sales View Post
    I requested the spec sheet and gearing info on the new LX tranny,been a couple days now, hope I can get some info.....
    I would certainly be interested to see something like that on paper.

I called my nearest dealer that keeps the machines in stock, a 3.5 hour drive away from me. He said if I wanted to test out a machine with an LS tranny and compare it with a hi torque transmission model I could call the day before and he could get the two machines ready for me to just drive them around the shop yard. Now hopefully I can remember to call ahead next time I go, I only go through that area 2 or 3 times a year.

Fox, any information on the gearing of the new tranny?????

Nothing, so I'm just going to call next week and see if I can get some info that way.

I did get some more info on the trannys, the high speed admiral, "HS" is geared higher all the way around, and is not recommended for commercial,heavy hauling,deep swamp, etc because of the higher gearing.
    The standard "STD" tranny is just that,and the "HT", high torque is low geared for heavy hauling,commercial,etc.
    In a nutshell,the HS is more of a recreational,tranny to compliment the new double bead lock tire system,where you can go faster,with a smoother ride.

Thanks for this info, I was also wondering about this also

I did get some more info on the trannys, the high speed admiral, "HS" is geared higher all the way around, and is not recommended for commercial,heavy hauling,deep swamp, etc because of the higher gearing.
    The standard "STD" tranny is just that,and the "HT", high torque is low geared for heavy hauling,commercial,etc.
    In a nutshell,the HS is more of a recreational,tranny to compliment the new double bead lock tire system,where you can go faster,with a smoother ride.

Thank you Fox valley!!!!!! Now call Argo and tell them if they will keep those gears and add a third gear with a low, low range that I am ready for another HDI!

LOL, I wish I had that kind of pull. It is nice, however,to get the inside scoop on some of the new changes,and relay them back to you guys on the forum,staying on the cutting edge of what is new at ODG.

+ Reply to Thread