6X6 Vanguard Axle Removal

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 6X6 Vanguard Axle Removal

6X6 Vanguard Axle Removal

I have been trying to remove the two rear axles from my 94 vanguard. I have removed all of the bolts and set screws and the axles won't release from the bearings.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank You,

Probably the inboard bearing seized on end of axle. I've used a 7/8" piece of aluminum shaft that I hold in vice grips and bash it with a big hammer. If that won't drive axle out unbolt the inboard flanges and break the bearings with hammer while wraped in a rag. You can then use a jaw puller to remove the inner race of the bearing or carefully split it with cut off wheel in a hand grinder. I usually just split them. Be carefull not to cut into the axle.

Quote Originally Posted by msafi65 View Post
    Probably the inboard bearing seized on end of axle. I've used a 7/8" piece of aluminum shaft that I hold in vice grips and bash it with a big hammer. If that won't drive axle out unbolt the inboard flanges and break the bearings with hammer while wraped in a rag. You can then use a jaw puller to remove the inner race of the bearing or carefully split it with cut off wheel in a hand grinder. I usually just split them. Be carefull not to cut into the axle.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+2 on cutting them off,I use a cutting wheel,cut thru the first part of the bearing in two places 90 degress apart,and the outer bearing will fall off,this will expose the bearings and now start cutting thru the race,or bracket that the bearing are held in with,normally only one cut is enough to free the bearing,just stop before you cut the axle,a little tapping on whats left of the bearing will do the trick.

+ Reply to Thread