Scout Racks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scout Racks

Scout Racks

Anyone know where I can buy the new style racks that come on the new scout? I'm putting them on a Bigfoot 6X6.

Perhaps shoot Fox Valley Argo Sales a private message? He's an Argo dealer that helps sponsor this site and may be able to get what you need. Here's his user info: View Profile: Fox Valley Argo Sales - 6x6 World

Thanks Mike,
    Contacted them as advised, said he's looking into it due to so much interest. I like the idea of the front rack, my rear receiver rack is starting to look like a pretzel after too many zero turns into trees.

I ordered my HDI with the Scout racks and was told they were on a 6 week back order. That was almost 3 months ago and still don't have them. I called the dealer yesterday and she said she just called about them and they are trying to find out where they are. I don't understand how these same racks are installed on every Scout sold, but they can't one extra set laying around to fill my order. It's just like the 'upgraded' brake rotors I am waiting for that are supposed to fix my clunking noise when I turn left, but are still not in. I am starting to learn to not get in a hurry when dealing with Argo, because apparently they don't.

Good luck getting a set. And if you do get lucky please post back on here and let us know. At least I might be able to tell them where to go get their own parts...

Hi,
    This is about the Scout racks. I have A 750 HD and I saw the scout on display at the local dealer. The racks are not available for any other Argo models. They are exclusive only to the scout. I borrowed the front rack off of the scout and placed it on my HD. It does not fit. the bodies on the scouts are different. Maybe the company that makes the Argos will make the racks for other models in the future if there is enough interest. Don't hold your breath.

Paul

When I was looking at one in a dealership a couple weeks ago it appeared that the rack just bolts directly to the plastic upper body of the argo. My immediate thought was wow, I wouldn't want to put anything on that rack sitting on the plastic like that. I could be wrong, there may be some supports underneath, but I couldn't see since the rack has to be removed to open the hood and I didn't want to start tearing the rack off in the showroom. I would think it'd be fairly straight forward for a guy to just adopt a rear rack from an old quad to fit on the front of an argo with the right tools and a welder, especially if you had a front push bumper to attach it to.

No, there is a bracket on the inside and outside supporting the rack,I don't see any problem putting weight on them,without being unreasonable.
    ODG wants to sell their new wilderness series product line,that includes the cool racks,so how many new unit sales will they loose if they just start selling the racks,not saying you can't get them,but if there is any hesitation on doing so,this would be it.I'm sure,with all the interest,there will be a "universal rack" setup available,but it may be a while before the smoke clears from the new product line.

The scout racks will fit the hdi. While it's true they weren't designed exactly the same the brackets that bolt to the upper body will raise the front rack enough to clear the hood scoop. The rear rack is installed identical as the scout where three holes are drilled to slide the rack into the lower part at the center on the back and then the 3rd hole is smaller so you can pin the rack.

I have seen the install on an hdi and it looks right at home other than the tan color they come painted with. I will be painting mine black to match the rest of my trim so it will look even better.

Quote Originally Posted by cdover73 View Post
    The scout racks will fit the hdi. While it's true they weren't designed exactly the same the brackets that bolt to the upper body will raise the front rack enough to clear the hood scoop. The rear rack is installed identical as the scout where three holes are drilled to slide the rack into the lower part at the center on the back and then the 3rd hole is smaller so you can pin the rack.

I have seen the install on an hdi and it looks right at home other than the tan color they come painted with. I will be painting mine black to match the rest of my trim so it will look even better.
    Im sorry, I have to retract my statement above, or at least clarify. The 6x6 Scout racks will not fit, the 8x8 Scout should fit. The 8x8 Frontier EFI racks would however be a direct fit for the 750 HDI, which is what I was thinking about when I made the response above. I just realized this when I spoke to my dealer and was told my racks were still on back order. She confirmed they are from the Frontier, not the Scout. I apologize for any confusion or if anybody felt their answer was being challenged. Just thought it was the moral thing to do by owning up to my mistake. My apologies...

Thanks,

cdover73

Thanks,

+ Reply to Thread