Anyone doing any mods to there Avenger

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone doing any mods to there Avenger

Anyone doing any mods to there Avenger

Anyone doing any non catalog upgrades, to make their Avenger stonger and tougher.

Or to make the engine more powerfull, or faster overall, higher gears...

I did A few things, but will wait to see if there is anyone else in the same boat out there.

Check out Mike's thread on his Avenger, Mightymaxiv did an exhaust mod on his previous machine.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks Jim, I will look into the exhast you mentioned.

Heres a few pictures of my Argo you can see a few changes I made to it.
    Attached Images

Right now Im trying to figure out how to get the clutch not to grab so early in the idle to low rpm range?

That way the engine gets a chance to build up a bit more power before being bogged down right after idle rpm...

Also is there a one or two tooth bigger drive sprocket avalible for the transmission for a overall taller gearing?

I do like the look of those Aqua Torque tires, I almost bought them myself. Your Avenger looks mean

Quote Originally Posted by Snow mogg View Post
    Thanks Jim, I will look into the exhast you mentioned.

Heres a few pictures of my Argo you can see a few changes I made to it.
    nice looking machine snow mogg,

I have the rawhide lll and leaning towards ordering aquatorques but read that they don't swim too good
    have a question for you,
    how do you find these aquatorque tire when comes to swimming?
    is it simillar to the rawhide lll?

thanks
    Last edited by desh; 07-15-2016 at 06:45 AM.

Hello Snow mogg, have you considered changing out the green spring on the T-20 to a red spring. The red spring will allow you to stay in lower gear longer. I would think that the added torque of having the clutch engage at a higher rpm would wear parts faster (not by a whole lot, but faster than normal) causing you to spend more $ on parts like belts and so on later down the road. But who knows, you may be able to get away with it, since there are race machines out there that have essentially the same stock parts as you do!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

Quote Originally Posted by desh View Post
    nice looking machine snow mogg,

I have the rawhide lll and leaning towards ordering aquatorques but read that they don't swim too good
    have a question for you,
    how do you find these aquatorque tire when comes to swimming?
    is it simillar to the rawhide lll?

thanks
    Desh I will get back to you on the swimming performance when I get a chance to drop it into the lake or a pond, I just got them mounted (very tricky to mount) and tested in in dirt, sand, rocks and turf...

I never did liked anything about the stock Rawhids, I drive the argo a bit more on the extreme side, but still know what the argo likes and dose not like. For example just rock crawling slow on big sharp rocks I still managed to destroy 3 Rawhid's in one resent trip. Five in total over the years

All I can say about the Interco Aqua tires is they seem like I will never get a flat ever again. So far testing them they climb way better, they dig down and still keep moving even if the tub starts to touch... The best part is they steer faster, I think its because of the more straight paddle like tread layout.

The main thing people might not like is they are very stiff rugged tires and even with 1 psi they are not for people that want any sort of smooth ride in the rocks...( I dont care so much about this )

I have the new ARGO 20" rubber tracks I hope will still work, but it looks like I might have to adjust the guides to the next hole, as the new Aqua tires are allot wider at the tread area. I also have the gen II super tracks that I was planning to sell, but I might end up wanting to try those out again too. Worst case I will have to get a new set of tires on rims for use with the super tracks in winter time.

fmints, Im not too sure what I want yet, but I think I still want mod the drive clutch to a stiffer spring first or buy some lighter weights..

+ Reply to Thread