1991 (I think) Argo Magnum 8x8 Questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 1991 (I think) Argo Magnum 8x8 Questions

I'd go at them with a cutoff wheel first as well but I'm not exaclty clear with what your dealing with. Bearing races are hardened, an air chisle with a quality chisle bit will make short work of them. Cover them up very well with rags to prevent shrapnel damage to your face. Cutting them off is best but ocassionally I find myself dealing with a bearing that's inner race has fused to a shaft and I'm without a grinder (up North), I just lay the bearing on something hard (granite rock) and put a rag over the bearing and then just smash it with a hammer, the bearing race shatters and no damage is doneto the shaft. With the shaft still in place you should be able to air chisle the inner race after the lock collar is removed.

These had fused to the shaft. The clearance was so small on the right with the battery frame I just cut the shaft and will replace it. Thank you for the tip! Next time I will use the air chisel. I started life as an aviation mechanic and an air chisel was a rare bird around an aircraft!

Zuk, I wanted to say thanks again for the bearing tip. You saved me a lot of time.

+ Reply to Thread