New floor pans in "93 Argo magnum

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New floor pans in "93 Argo magnum

New floor pans in "93 Argo magnum

Greetings "Argo-nauts"
    I had serious rust problems with my rear floor pans, i didnt want to remove the frame to weld on new ones, so this is what i came up with.. I had my brother cut and bend me two pans with a 1" lip, then i cut out spaces for the bearings, to make instal easier, and future work on the bearings possible. I carefully cut out what was left of the old pans, trem clad black on the frame on anything that needed it. I drilled small holes in the frame and pans & then used small stainless nut & bolts to attach it to the frame. I still have a bunch of bolts left to do, then a final coat of paint. It was a cheap & easy fix to a big problem & im happy with the final result.
    Pans before instal: image.jpg
    now: image.jpg
    this is before :image.jpg
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

Nice solution to a fairly common problem!
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Be sure to square the frame before final install.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

nice fix!

Thanks !
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"

Did final sanding and paint on pans and rear frame. Im happy with the way it looks. Anyone know why my rear right inner bearing would be diferent than all the rest ? It sticks out more than the rest and is different shaped, you can tell because I had to cut the pan differently to accommodate it. Is this normal or did I end up with a "miss matched, make shift " bearing at some point , Maybe put on by someone working on it for my grandfather. . .
    Thanks

image.jpg

Send a pic does it have two depression lines in the bearing or is it just smooth,just send a picture of the bearing
    Also nice work ok the frame man

+ Reply to Thread