How fast will it really go??

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How fast will it really go??

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
    Congratulations for going in the right direction to solving your problem. If you are only achieving 3100 RPMs at full throttle you will not be travelling full speed. Something close to 4000 rpm is normal and that 900 rpm will make a big difference in your top speed and you are on the right track about checking your throttle cable. Your question about "which way to install the tires' is best answered by the owners manual but basically the smallest tire on the front ,then the biggest,then second biggest and second smallest on the rear. Look forward to hearing how you make out.
    Well, I found out an issue that I am having is the throttle base is spinning on the handlebar, and not allowing full twist of the throttle. I have tightened down the screws as much as I could (in fear of over tightening them), and it still spins. To better explain, the plastic throttle "base" where the cable comes into on the handlebars is spinning when I twist the throttle past about 3/4 full open. Any ideas how I can fix this? When I hold it in place with my other hand and twist the throttle, I am seeing the extra RPM's that I haven't been seeing. IS this a know issue or is it just something with my machine?

Thanks again for the help!!

Sound as if the upper portion of the twist throttle is already broken, look for small cracks at the screw holes.
    Last edited by ARGOJIM; 08-24-2016 at 03:45 AM.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Use electrical tape or Hockey tape even on the bare handlebars to give the plastic housing something to grip onto as well.

Thanks for the suggestions!!! The throttle also seems a little stiff....so I am wondering if I need to lube the cable. Perhaps that has something to do with it also.

AkBillyBow

3100 RPM is way too low to fully shift out your clutches. The governors are adjustable and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to set them up properly, you just need a tachometer. Looks like you found your problem anyway, lube the cable and check the linkages at the carb and governor for any binding. On my Kohler the choke tab on the carb can interfer with the throttle if its tweaked up a little.

Thanks Canadian Zuk !!!!

How fast will it really go??

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_Zuk View Post
    3100 RPM is way too low to fully shift out your clutches. The governors are adjustable and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to set them up properly, you just need a tachometer. Looks like you found your problem anyway, lube the cable and check the linkages at the carb and governor for any binding. On my Kohler the choke tab on the carb can interfer with the throttle if its tweaked up a little.
    Thanks Zuk, it sounds so much better coming from a member with your very obvious mechanical skills but I knew that 3100 RPM was way too low for maximum RPM. What you said and maybe like Argo Jim said the throttle "base" could be cracked. By the way,as you know, us Argo Hdi owners don't have chokes. Best wishes my friend

Interesting discussion. I'm going to have to check that out. My top speed is 24 km/h, tracks or no tracks (14.9 mph).

Yep...my throttle housing was broken. Guess it was over tightened by the previous owner. I haven't had it out to check the top RPM/Speed yet. Hope to get it out in a couple of days! Thanks for all of the help !!

AkBillyBow

+ Reply to Thread