argo restore

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: argo restore

Great job. Just take your time. It would serve you well to study how this thing is put together, and try to understand why it built the way it is. most of being able to mechanic on something is simply being able to understand what each piece does.

I can't help you with the caliper issue....I have never seen one of these machines in person, much less the caliper. Someone on here will be able to help.

the inner bearing on the rear axles is stuck on there and it wont come out.all set screws and bolts and flanges are off.someone help

Use a bearing puller.

curtis, if you don't have a bearing puller you can use a side grinder and just cut it off. when you get close to the axle it should break right off with a hammer. ofcourse you will need a new bearing. johnboy

i got it off!

your the man !!!! j.b.

Way to go Curtis ! Keep us posted !
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

will get pictures tmr! i got the pressure washer and some s.o.s pads and some vim and it got it right out. i can actually see what color the tub is now lol.(green).then i will get the frame down by the hose and clean that up and will assemble once again.yay loving this teardown and rebuild learning lots of cool things!

curtis, from a safety standpoint.. when you go to put motor back in, make sure those ropes thru the holes in the motor brackets did'nt get cut some. may be better to put a roller chain quick link thru those brackets then use the rope. would not be fun to have the rope break as you lower the motor. johnboy

+ Reply to Thread